swollen glands in my neck

unable to eat much

horrid taste in the back of my throat

anyone have any ideas what this is?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

a throat infection can be viral or bacterial

Usually lasts 3-4 days of being super painful.

Then should improve, by the 7-10th day should be synptom free. Or u need to see a doctor if its longer than 10 days.

Doctors cannot see very far down your throat. The can just see w bit on tonsil area.

Cannot see pharynx. Or larynx.

Super bad pain is not indicitive of it being bacteria and needing antibiotics.

Swollen glands means your body is fighting infection. Tonsils are the first part of immyne defence. Puss on tonsils shoukd be treated. Often we can see our tonsils in the mirror its way back of throat.

Ulcers can mean your immune system is low or be part of virus

Q. How long have you had this sore throat

Q where does it hurt.

Q. Have u had this before

How long does it usually last for ?

• Posted

Gargle with salt water

Try throat spray

Do u have a cold with it?

More later Rhon

• Posted

Hi

I have had it for 4 days and it is now easingi got a throat spray and that seems to be easing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.