Ulcerative Colitis

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello i am 30 year female . suffering from ulcerative colitis since last 8 years. this days i got it very worst. i use restroom more than 7 to 8 times a day. and also bleed sometimes.

I fell something serious now about my ulcerative colitis. request to guide valuable explerience as well as good advice invited.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You should see a doctor. If you are not on any medication to control it, you should.
    • Posted

rob thanks for your reply. i am om mesalamine now since 8 years..
  • Posted

Hi Ithink you need to be on azathioprine as mezaline dosn't sound strong enough. I was on that at first now i am on aza. I have been fine since january xx. good luck.
    • Posted

Hi how long did azathioprine take to show any Improvement! Have been in hospital for Iv steriods four days and discharged for one week on azathioprine 3 per day prednisolone 6 per day decreasing weekly mesalazine 3 in morning and 3 at night had faceal impact in hospital so was on movicol 2 satches 3 times aday in hospital. Bleeding every time I go to the bathroom feeling really fatigued now and that the only option will be surgery has anyone tried infleximin. Any advice welcome
  • Posted

As others said talk to your doctor about your medication. Also look into the SCD diet(Specific Carbohydrate Diet) it helped me a lot and there's plenty of free resources online.
  • Posted

Hi i am also having the same problem the constant tripss to the restroom and the internal bleeding but im also 6 months pregnant whixh is very difficult. .im currently taking mesalamine ( lialda) and prednisone but it doesnt seem to help im also desperate πŸ˜•
    • Posted

Hi there just see your comment you are suffering and are pregnant I really feel for you as I was the same last year 7months pregnant and my flare started I was put also on prednislone and pentasa oral and enemas but nothing helped the steroids kept me at bay but didn't stop me going 20 times per day and a lot of blood but just kept strong for your baby and it will be ok..

They said the flare would stop after I had my baby but afraid it didn't had it from Dec 2014 till sept 2015 when I got so ill I needed to have an illestomy I'm not trying to scare you just more as a support and that life is ok even after surgery to be honest I have no regrets as I have my life back dealing with a flare is one thing but being pregnant and after having my baby it was tough but if u need any advice I am here X take care

• Posted

Im due in march so i still have a long way my gi just tells me to eat right and that i may be bleeding till i have the bby sad and my ob/gyn said i might have a c section because if i get stitches down there thwy might get infected with the bleeding. So did u have urs vaginal or c-section? How did the pushing part go with the flare? Those are my main concerns
    • Posted

Morning I had my little boy in March this year ☺️ I was worried about that part he was 11 days early via c section due to they was worried with my condition and pushing I could burst my bowels so they told me c section as for me and the baby it was safer ..at first I didn't want it but looking back with my condition it was less stressful as its more planned as u know .. it's Defo worth speaking to your ob good luck and keep me posted πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ˜€ X
    • Posted

Yes i don't have a problem witht the c section my only concern is that they put u on bed rest and i have the urgency to use the restroom in the morning like i have to rush to a restroom. How did that work for u? I also heard c-section messes with ur bowels? Thank you so much for telling me ur story i feel better nowing im not alone smile
    • Posted

Hi yes I was on high risk and if anything that's a good thing as u will be monitored more closely.. I thought the same when it came to the toilet sitch worried about being bed ridden and having an accident but they give u iv steroids and lots of drugs and a lot so chances are you wont go I didn't for 24 hours and bear in mind I was going 10-20 per day 😣 My advice which they will say get moving after 24 hours that way you will be mobile but if the worst happens either a bed pan or they will clean u and change the sheets remember they are very used to it.. You will be ok and having your baby will give u something else to focus on its amazing the best feeling ever 😍 yes it can mess with your bowels but so can natural birth, my advice would be go with your gut feeling and ask as many questions possible to your obs. Please don't feel alone coz you aren't but i remember that feeling only too well. I ended up having an accident after surgery in September for my illestomy 3 times over it wasn't nice tbh but you will get over it worst things happen just keep as positive and strong as possible xx

See I have had UC for 11 years and they don't know what caused the flare it was just my time I tried everything before surgery diets scd/ others all medication I was even doing the humira injections but everything was against me even changed water to volvic but I could take a sip and be running for the loo sometimes the writing is on the wall but my thoughts are with u and everyone is different so hopefully after the birth the flare will go it does for a lot of people just have faith X

• Posted

Hi yes I was high risk that's a good thing as they will monitor u and I was also worried about that happening but it didn't as they give u lots of medication so it will prob slow things down I was going over 10 times per day and was ok for about 24 hours after best advice the nurses gave me was to get mobile the next day which I did u will have your amazing baby to focus on too ☺️ Please don't feel alone because you aren't but I do know that feeling only too well and only 7 months ago and yes it can affect the bowels but so can natural it's the same with all surgery there are risks still focus on the good and stay strong keep me posted won't u my thoughts are with u X
    • Posted

Who referred u to a high risk? Because im seeing a regular ob and on my last pregnancy i was a high risk
    • Posted

My obestrician was the one to put me on high risk did u have natural before and no flare ? X
    • Posted

Yes i had a vaginal birth before but i hadn't noticed that i was having blood on my stool so while i was pushing i used the restroom thats when the doctor noticed it after the bby they but 3 bags of blood on me had an colonoscopy the other day and stayed in the hospital for a week was pretty sad going threw all that at once but was worth every thing because by the time i left the hospital i was feeling better so i hope i can feel the same this time. Ill be trying to look for a high risk on monday hopefully i can get a good doctor also one last question was the bby born healthy? Or did the flare affect him? Im kinda scared on that part sad
    • Posted

Hi sounds like you had it tough, good luck for Monday and keep us posted ..my baby wasn't affected by the flare they are strong and are the ones that take all the good as you know from your first so keep yourself well as you can and certain foods can help so maybe worth a try XΒ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.