Ulcers and Gerd

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

I am a 23 year old male. I had an endoscopy done yesterday and found out I have multiple superficial ulcers in antrum and duodenum along with medium esophagitis. I have been placed on protonix 40mg once a day for next 3 months to heal the ulcers. I am waiting on the h pylori tests to come back. I have adopted the Gerd diet to help me find a cure. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated on what worked for you guys. Also my question is what is the best way to wane off the PPI once i reach the end of the 3 month mark, i do not want to take them forever. Should I start taking slippery elm/aloe vera juice toward the end? How am I suppose to lower the dosage if Im already at 1 a day?

Thank you everyone!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I just posted about cabbage juice...which helped me a lot..hope it helps you!pls check my post smile
  • Posted

Wait for the h.pylori test. If positive, there is lots of info out on the web on how to deal with it naturally. I had bad side effects with the PPI so I cut them down to 1 every other day, then 1 every 2 days over the final month. I had ranitidine as a back up. By eating carefully, small meals, just water and leaving 3 hrs before sleep it was manageable. Ginger tea for inflammation and aloe vera juice with manuka honey to calm oesaphagus.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply! How are you doing now? Are the symptoms still present? I have read the Ginger tea doesn't work too well with GERD. I definitely want to eliminate h pylori naturally it if I do have it.
    • Posted

Symptoms are getting much less frequent. Have eased off the ginger tea for the present as not too much heat in chest now. Am using fennel tea which seems to aid my digestion and enable burping, so feel a lot better. Found that if I have a walk after the evening meal it also helps. It all seems much better if I keep moving. Am attempting to re-balance my gut with pro-biotic yoghurt, less grains and no sugar. So that's a 'no' to the Easter Eggs then!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.