Ulnar Bone Sticking Out On Left Wrist

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a multi-injury accident almost 12 years ago. My left hand was involved and a ligament tear was repaired, in 2008. Now my question is....how can the ulnar be so pronounced so many years later? I would rather think it would have been detected before now.But now in 2017, it is very noticeable and I experience pain, occasionally (effecting strength issues in my left hand). Any ideas regarding the Ulnar bone? Thanks, Carl

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi carl48085

Go to A & E and get an xray....

• Posted

Going to the ortho doc on Monday, just wondering if this could have been caused by the accident

• Posted

Hi Carl

It could be damage done from the accident that has weakened the ulna...but after 12 years i would think this would have been evident before now..but best wait until you see ortho doc......best wishes...

• Posted

i am experiencing same thing i got hurt on my letf wrist a year ago due to that my wrist bone is sticking out.it hasnt ever caused me  any pain up till now a year later 
  • Posted

You could have Madelungs Deformity, this is a rare condition that is normally classed as a birth defect but it can also be brought on following an injury.

It's diagnosed by x rays but you will need to mention if Madelungs Deformity is present as it's not something they would normally look for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.