Ultra sound injection advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all!!

Hoping for some advice

I have an Ultra Sound injection booked in for Monday 7th on my right foot (which is actually not too bad)

I had one on my left foot which helped for a month or so

ANYWAY...the dilemma is that I am due to be going to New York for a holiday on 19th.

Do I go to the appointment and see if they will do the left foot (the bad one) instead of the right and hope I recover in time for my trip.... or do I re-arrange for when I am back and hope I can manage the pain for the week I am away? What are your thoughts please?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would put it off till you return and wear trainers with gel heel pads in while on holiday you may even find the pain goes away it did with me after a couple of weeks wears the gel heel pads and they are so cheap on line, a couple of dollers from China. My problem was possibly due to tightening calf muscles after retiring and I have been doing stretching exercises as well but a life without pain is great although the knee will need another injection soon but that's another problem.

• Posted

Hi emily. Im having a steroid injection on thursday and going away on saturday. I have a fracture boot which im going to wear after the injection until i go away so i dont put much weight on it. Ive had 3 previous injections which i only had side affects after the first one but just to be sure im also strapping my foot up as well. You might not get any side affects but just rest as much as you can after the injection. I wish you all the best
  • Posted

Thanks guys :-). I did it. I'm just going to rest up now

• Posted

Hello Emily. I have the exact same problem (not going to NY though) and I can tell you 100% they will not swap your injections over. You are only allowed to the the injections twice a year-three at the upmost. I have to just drug myslef up If I go anywhere once my injections have worn off. Good luck Denise
    • Posted

You were right! They wouldn't swap. I had the right one down so that SHOULD mean I only have to manage the pain in one for my trip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.