Ultrasound scan

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I had an ultrasound scan done for gallstones,does the woman who performed it give results or will it be looked at by a doctor

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kim

It will be looked at by someone else....a radiographer??

The results will be sent to your GP

At least thats how it worked when I had one

Love

Eileen   UK

• Posted

Ok thank you,just the lady who performed it said scan clear but I have all the symptoms off gallstones,so didn't know how qualified she was to give results. Thank you xx
  • Posted

I too have recently had this scan. I waited a week for the results. When I did get them it was by phone at 7 pm on 23rd December. Yes, the evening before Christmas Eve! The nurse said I had a gallstone. I asked if this would be confirmed to me in writing and she said No. She then said she would refer me to the consultant to have my gallbladder removed.

Obviously I did not know her and felt this was a totally inappropriate way to be given this information. There was a lot of confusion and difficulty with getting this result to my local surgery and the GP had great difficulty in accessing the result. The people are very nice but good administration and communication simply does not exist. Why?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.