ummm

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello everyone, hope you are all ok(ish) silly statment!!!! but you know what i mean. Can you give me your thoughts please. I have not long had my pip assessment and have been awarded. Ive applied for a blue badge and various other "perks" of being disabled, the thing is my upped dose of mtx and the warmer weather has meant that i am feeling better and im finding myself more able to walk etc. i should qualify for a badge as got 8 points but im feeling a bit of a fraud as i can walk better!!!!. i have been watching others who park in disabled bays and some walk perfect, i think im just feeling i dont deserve to have this luxury of a blue badge. winter months might be a different story tho. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you will get good times and bad same as all of us but the RA is always there it is nothing to do with warm weather cold weather or damp weather weall get flare ups and when they come the can be pretty bad 
  • Posted

Hi loulou282

I also get PIP and i also have a blue badge and at the moment my feet are ok, but im using mine. im 38 yrs old and do get funny looks but i dont care as they dont feel my pain when its bad and if they question it ill soon tell them. lol.

dont feel bad, you didnt ask for this condition, you are dealing with it in the best way you can. xx

• Posted

I took a peak online and as far as I can see your health assessor will have taken into account something they call fluctuating conditions, which certainly applies in RA ! So no worries.
  • Posted

Hi,

I'd personally suggest that on your good days you park in normal bays then use your badge as and when you need it - that way you won't feel like a fraud as you're only using it when you need to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.