Unable to sleep,help.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anyone help?I am having dreadful problems with getting off to sleeo at night.Some nights I am still awake at two in the morning,when I do drop off I wake up after having the most violent dreams.I really do not want to go on sleeping pills but don not know what else to do.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ask your ask your doctor for a referal to a sleep study clinic. They have you sleep in the clinic over night and can help with many areas inviolved with sleep disorders or insomnia. Give a individual sleep analysis and techniques to help. 

I take sleep meds meds I have had insomnia for many years. My sleep habbits were a routine nightly for preparation for sleep. Yet I could not get to sleep or stay asleep for long enough to hit REM sleep

A cat scan was done and a small area was found from a accident I was in a few years ago causing a brain function to be responsible due to the injury. I was in a coma from the accident. Sleep med have been a great relief.

Everyone is different I hope that your sleep function can be treated and recovered for better sleep. 

• Posted

Hi Millie

i find that listening to hypnotherapy tracks from youtube helps me relax and drift off to sleep. I have tried all different sleep meds over the years and it only makes it worse, I became so dependant on them. Now I just take Vitamin B6 and B12 early in the morning, no sodas or sugar.  It's all about getting the mind to relax. Also another technique is spend less time in bed, I was going to bed too early and having a rough night. Increasing your sleep drive means staying up until you are really tired, I mean really tired and not lying in in the morning. I also don't eat late at night now, empty stomach before bed helps me. It's such a complex issue I know but these were the things that helped me. Take care

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply.I do go to bed early as well and drink alot of diet coke so maybe will cut down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.