Unbearable 24/7 pressure like headaches and CFS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else develop unbearable pressure headache, feeling like your head is going to burst? The pain is relieved when vomiting. No painkillers help. These headaches seem to accompany or precede the relapse of extreme fatigue symptoms. Don't know what to do, how to cope.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds like you get migraines!

There has been some study into migraines and CFS/me. Often a migraine can be a warning sign that you have done too much!

I used to get migraines several years ago and they have recurred in the past year and do seem to happen when I have overdone things!

If you haven't been diagnosed with migraines, you should see your doctor as need specific medication. The normal over-counter painkillers are mostly ineffective for migraine.

I hope you find a way of minimising them. Do try and monitor if they are related to too much stress or activity and get the right medication to alleviate them.

I have a migraine myself today and this adds to my general "brain fog" so not sure what I've typed makes sense!

Do hope you get problem under control!

Best wishes. :-)

• Posted

Intense headaches should always be checked out by doc to eliminate other causes. As elmo69  says, prob migraines. Nasty but usually treatable. Hope you get relief soon.
  • Posted

Hi, I experienced this for about 6 months then a friend recommended the daith piercing. Which hurt like hell but has reduced my headaches by atleast 50%. If might not work for everyone but it has definately helped me. I was taking 8 paracetomol a day it they didnt even make a difference.
  • Posted

Hi there,

yeah I can get heads that feel like my head is about to explode and implode simultaneously!

I find I must rest to stop it getting out of hand.

My advise- you must rest and pace yourself.  I don't think you have a choice here.  I know it sucks but you must slow down as nothing else will help - in my opinion!

Hang in there - you can do it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.