Unbelievable pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'll try and make this short.

Aug 2016 is when it all started. After a movement my butt was sore. Pain level was high.

I Googled and bought everything needed- so I thought.

Now it's Dec 2016. And it's getting worse.

Last night I passed out on the toilet. I remember the pain, i started to sweat and my eyes went blurry. I don't even know how long I was out.

I feel pretty large lumps around the anal area.

It also feels like something is blocking where I can't get anything out.

I've tried every position possible so I could go to the bathroom without excruciating pain

The pain is constant. When I must drive I have to pull over all the time to stand up. The donut pillows, blanket and I've used heat-those don't hurt. This has taken over my life.

I'm not sure how much longer I can hold on.

I've tried everything recommended.

I took exlax- my BM was so soft but still feels like hell.

I drink plenty of water, I have prune juice, I take fiber pills and these things just want to stay.

I can't even get a full nights sleep. The pain!!

I put fleet wipes down there and leave them.

It seems to calm the throbbing but not the pain.

What else should I do? Please~ I need advice

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was a bit like you although I knew I had piles I started with another lump in August last year I thought it was a pile so treated it as such, got hardly no relief by November I couldn't stand the pain so went to emergency department , it wasn't a pile it was a fistula abscess a very hard lump I ended up in surgery a few hours later then had a pile op in July this year so if I was you I would go to the emergency hospital department

• Posted

Hi Alicia. Have you seen your doctor?? You really need to get checked out.

If hemorroids, the doctor will have seen plenty of patients with these, so don't feel embarrassed. If it's far up problems, then you may need further investigation in hospital. Do not leave it any longer!!

Good luck x

• Posted

Alicia this sounds like hell. You must go and check this out, you have not stated if you have seen a doctor. Let me know . June
  • Posted

Alicia, Please listen to the people on here. Please go to the doctor. If it's embarrasement that's stopping you - don't worry - it's not that bad - you get over it really quickly. Doctors see this kind of thing more times than you can imagine. If it's money - just think about how much you are spening on prune juice, ex-lax etc - it all adds up.

There's a lot of people on here that can help with advice on what to eat/drink/do to ease the pain but you have to know what you have first. 

Please make an appointment - or go to the emergency clinic as soon as you can. Once you've done that you will feel so much more relieved just to know what's going on. You'll be able to relax a bit once you know. 

• Posted

I would love to jump in the car and go to the ER.

However, it's not possible. I have a hospital home-bound child. We hire a nurse to come care for him when we must go somewhere. The nurse isn't available until the 23rd. My husband is deployed or he would stay. Thankfully my in-laws are flying in. Which my mother in law is a nurse and knows how to medically care for him. I just need 27 more hours to control this pain.

• Posted

Well I hope the next 27 hours are as painfree as possible. Meanwhile if you think that something is going really wrong before then please call the emergency services - they will work out something to help your child, they won't leave them alone. You said you 'passed out on the toilet' - you won't be any help to anyone if you pass out. Is there an emergency nurse available? Can your mother-in-law come in early? just double check all your options. I spent a night on a bathroom floor in agonizing pain and realize now that I should have headed straight to the hospital instead of waiting it out. Good luck. 

• Posted

Youre right. I would have been no help to him.

That's why I called the in-laws. I explained it to them and she bought a plane ticket and my father in law is driving. They're trying their best to hurry.

And I'm trying my best not to use the restroom.

Thank you so much for your concern.

• Posted

Great. Sounds like you have a plan in place. Your in-laws sound wonderful. Looks like you have a very caring family. Keep you phone charged and with you at all times. If you need to call emergency services - just do it - they will take care of your son. I could've died earlier this year for not going to the hospital soon enough. Once I got there I was admitted immediately. It will all work out - and hopefully you will be pain free in a couple of days and able to relax a bit. 

• Posted

I'm not 100% sure it's hemmroids.

I have several lumps around the area. They feel soft and it doesn't hurt touching it.

I just Googled and figured that's what it was

No discoloration. Just looks like extra skin.

Some of the reasons was the embarrrssment but now I don't care. I just want this pain gone.

I could honestly say it feels like I'm in labor.

If you're a mother I'm sure you know that pain.

Heck- if you have this condition I'm sure you know the pain as well.

I make sure the area stays very clean. I always keep a fleet wet wipe on. I take the warm baths.

Just don't understand. I'm doing everything by the book. Just not the doctor part yet.

• Posted

Alicia you are going around in the blind get a correct diagnosis. The longer you wait the worse it could get and you are still not 100 💯 per cent sure what ur up against. You should act now if you call the emergency services they will respond and still consider your child 👶 do some thing right now and stop wasting time. June

• Posted

Hi Alicia , its definitely time to go to your gp and get a definite diagnosis . Doesnt sound exactly what you might experience with haemorrhoids , as they often drop , then become painful for a week , then ease off again , before the next onset . What you need to make sure , is that you have not had a prolapse , where the section just inside your anus , becomes the outside of your anus  . Do not sit on a doughnut pillow unless you are sure its helping , as very often they can actually allow everything to drop and make things worse . Good luck .
    • Posted

Hi I agree with everything u have written to try and help Alicia. Also when I worked in the nursery for children from birth to 5 years we often had the babies that could sit up put on their potties in the toilet and I remember clearly one incident when 2 babies under 18 months had a rectal prolapse . I was taught by matron how to push this back for them and they did not cry so I guess they were not in pain. However, matron told me never to let them sit on the potty too long as this causes a prolapse, she also added, and if you ever get haemorrhoids nurse never sit too long on the toilet, or use a cushion with a hole in the middle as this makes them worse. By the way I did qualify 4 years after this incident, but decided not to take up nursing as a career. June
    • Posted

Hi June , many thanks for your comment and agreement . There are so many people out there who get misdiagnosed or blame piles when its actually a prolapse . I know from experience from sitting on the toilet years ago on a Friday night reading this weeks Auto Trader lol . Then suffering for two days after it , not realising at the time what brought it on . Thats what makes this site and these pages so good for people to read , as there are so many variations to a pain in the ass .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.