Uncontrolled blood pressure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi just wondering if any one else has uncontrolled blood pressure even with cocktail of meds

I'm 27 healthy n of normal bmi i am on

Ramipril 10mg

Felodipine 20mg

Doxazosin 8mg

Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg

Bisoprolol 5mg

My blood pressure has never been below 170 top and never been below 100 bottom my doctor and consultant at hospital have done every test to see if it caused by something but all came back clear apart from LHV on my heart

When asked what is next my doctor said there is nothing more he can do for me as the medication just doesn't bring it down

Mad any one else had same problem??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Have you been tested for renal artery stenosis?

Also suggest you try swapping the Ramapril for 80mg Valsartan in case the problem is aldosterone breakthrough and the valsartan cures it?

Please let us know the results. Good luck.

• Posted

Ye had the renal artery checked and they r fine

I asked about renal denervation but apparently nhs don't do it

Also had been to endocrine and had all hormones checked and they are fine

• Posted

Try a vegan diet or atleast a vegetarian diet for a month and see if your numbers cone down mine are getting better smile meds are only a bandaid for hbp you need to take charge of your diet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.