Undiagnosed Lower Left Abdominal, Leg Or Back Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I may have some answers for you. I had the same symptoms and after having every kind of test done and normal results I was finally diagnosed with May-Thurner Syndrome or Iliac Vein Compression. It's when your artery compresses your vein from the front and the spine from the back. This blockage causes the blood to be pushed back down your leg and into your pelvic veins causing pelvic congestion. It's normally found in woman especially during pregnancy but can also happen in men as well. It's a common variant people are born with but rarely diagnosed with. I hope that this might help some people out there that may have this condition and are frustrated with lack of answers. Feel free to ask me any questions.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Were u having any swollen on left side
    • Posted

I didn't have any swelling just back, abdominal, leg, and pelvic pain but leg swelling is a common symptom of this condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.