Unexplained correlation between gastritis and silent reflux

Posted , 5 users are following.

Initially I complained about pain in throat when sitting/bending, a lump in throat sensation, and slight pain in stomach.

I slept in a hospital for a couple of days and I had an endoscopy and other analysis, and I was told I had a mild gastritis, and silent reflux. I've had silent reflux for over 15 years so I knew that one, gastritis only appeared recently, I believe after a bad course of antibiotics and aspirin, although I am not sure.

They said gastritis is the reason behind the pain in stomach, and silent reflux is the reason behind throat issues (pain when sitting/bending, lump, horase voice, etc), but they were't unable to explain why throat issues appeared only now along with gastritis and how they may be related. Can they be related? Should I consider other tests?

They put me on Omeprazol and Creon for a couple of months, I am already getting better, but I still can understand how the above symptoms are related.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had gastritus about 15 years ago and had an endoscopy done. My biopsy came back as positive H pylori bacteria which you can get from eating undercooked meat, i was getting terrible stomach pain. Ever since i had gastritus, it triggered years of reflux, i was popping pills for years. I have only just started to get it under control with years of research and gradually changing my diet over the years.

I can tell you with a certain that if you cut out all processed food (microwaved, tinned), junk food (fast food, chips, sodas) , refined sugars, it will go away. If you don't do this now, you will be popping pills for the rest of your life. The food industry is getting worse and worse, dropping more garbage into our foods than our bodies were ever meant to handle.

Go out and by a steamer, and steam fresh vegetables every day. Buy a blender and make fruit smoothies. These two things alone will make a huge difference. While you are recovering from your gastritus, i would lay off the sugars too, if you have any bacteria in your stomach, it will thrive on sugar. Plus the fact you are on acid reducers, you don't have sufficient stomach acid to kill any bacteria either.

Good luck.

• Posted

Not sure how that relates to my original question, but thanks.

Also not sure it's bactiria, as I meantioned I believe my gastritis was from self-prescribed anti-biotics and aspirin. I never had a microwave, there are no junkfood restaurants in my area, I always overcook my meat, I never buy tinned foods, I always drink suger-free, so I always eat healthy. I was actually getting better on my own before I had the gastroscopy, but I'll stick to the doctors presciption of Omeprazole anyway for the next couple of months.

• Posted

Ricardo is right on the money. I would try to add coconut milk into the daily diet and use DGL as a backstop.
  • Posted

I brought it up mainly because you said, "Initially I complained about pain in throat when sitting/bending, a lump in throat sensation, and slight pain in stomach."

This was prior to your hospital visit, so obviously something caused the initial lump in the throat, stomach issue. which is really what my post was about.

My comments were made solely on personal experience with these exact same things, and the large amounts of other forum posts i have read.

I'm not a Dr, just trying to give some friendly advice.

Hope you get well soon. Good luck.

• Posted

Ok, I don't see where you made any reference to the pain/lump in throat issue and how it may relate to gastritis. I've seen a few doctors and scoured the internet for the past 4 months, no one is able to give an answer. The last thing I'd want now is to have the topic thrown off track and me back to where I was 4 months ago with no answers.
    • Posted

DGL would be my first choice to get rid of that lump in the throat feeling. Before I started on it It would take an hour to drink a smoothie at breakfast. Trust me you will get getter but please oh please keep a health diary and write it all down as this affliction has a nasty habit of returning.
    • Posted

What's DGL? It's really annoying when people use abbreviations.
    • Posted

Quit being an ass, these people are trying to help you. DGL is the name of the supplement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.