Unhappy with H1BC

Posted , 3 users are following.

I got my H1BC result and ACR result

HSBC was 42 I really wanted to be lower than that.

ACR was 3.5.

what is the ACR?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

ACR is urine albumen to cretinine ratio and is used to check kidneys.
    • Posted

Good luck in getting it lower. I understand diet can make a big difference.
    • Posted

I have a very good diet routine and have lost 4kg in 3 months. However, I keep getting infections and have to go on antibiotics for a week at a time.
    • Posted

I was not talking about losing weight but about particular foods that can help or hinder even. 
    • Posted

I always check carbs and inject accordingly. I did the DAFNE course and know how to keep my levels in single figures. But illness and antibiotics work havoc with levels. I also have a vitamin D defiency and that doesn't help. I am on the loading dose of vitamin D
    • Posted

I have vit D deficiency initially 26, but have been taking supplements and it is slowly going up, I lie out in the sun when I can too. I read that half the population are now vit D deficient. People seem to be more aware nowadays on vit D it is always being mentioned in the press. 
    • Posted

Type 1 diabetes shows the vitamin D defiency with pain in muscles and bones. I also have arthritis and ostioperosis as well as other as well as arthritis of my muscles. Pain does raise the mmol levels so I have to adjust insulin as needed. I avoid all pain killers and just put up with it. As the vitamin D pills work things will get better
    • Posted

Vit D deficiency generally causes pain in muscles and joints and can be quite debilitating. It was very prevalent in Victorian times when rickets was around a lot. Apparently it virtually disappeared in the twentieth century and is now coming back again.
    • Posted

Too many people working long hours indoors or watching TV or on a computer all day. Once upon a time we had hot summers and people were outdoors more. Kids would rather play on a computer of sorts than play with friends outdoors. In my case being in Scotland this winter was long dark and very cold. My hubby and I caravan in the summer (when we get a summer) we only had 3 weeks hot weather last year. As soon as it is warm and sunny I am outside sitting on a bench or gently checking my wild flowers.
    • Posted

I think x boxes, playstations etc have a lot to answer for. 
    • Posted

Parents are also to blame. The less they have to do with the kids the better. As for adults they are just bone idle. Walking a dog is good for people. I walk my dogs (poodles) no matter what the weather. I can't walk far without sitting for 5 minutes so o have a trolley with a sear that I use but my poodles and I get out each day. I meet no kids walking dogs with their parents
    • Posted

We have loads of kids and adults walking dogs round my village. I think people drive out to walk their dogs even. I used to run a youth club and the kids loved running around outside. We could never get them into the club room. 
    • Posted

No such help in this part of Scotland. There was a youth club but vandalism and bad behaviour closed it
    • Posted

We were all volunteers and the kids ages 11-14 were feral! Mind you the parents were not much better.
    • Posted

That is my point. Parents who teach the kids how to behave badly by example

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.