Unknown rash

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good afternoon everybody.

I have recently developed a rash on both my legs from my ankle upwards. In addition to this I have found what I believe to be blisters on my tounge and lips. I have no idea what may have caused these symptoms or whether they are connected. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

if your on any meds check to see if this a side effect .if it is get an emercency appoinment , if not i would go to A/E 

i DONT LIKE THE LOOK OF IT .esp with it being in the mouth 

as well . 

• Posted

I agree with Tiswas! What medication (if

Any) do you take?

How long have you had the rashes?

It looks like an allergic reaction to something

If you are in the UK ring nhs direct and

Get an out of hours appointment asap!

Especially with it being bank holiday.

• Posted

i cant tell from the pictures but is your tongue going black 

• Posted

By the look of it, you should get it checked by a doctor, sooner the better.

• Posted

Have you been to your GP, or asked the advice of a Pharmacist?

Is the rash itchy?  Years ago, I bought a new car and subsequently developed itchy arms and legs.  It eventually turned out to be an allergy to formaldehyde.  And I now know that Swedish and Japanese cars don't have any formaldehyde in them, it is banned in those countries.

You mention blisters, I wonder whether they have anything to do with the herpes virus.  You ought to go to see your GP

I'll post a link following this post

• Posted

You are the only person I have met with my allergy to formaldehyde.... congratulations:-) What will happen when we get embalmed?

I went to a consultant with a rash caused by Enalapril and he decided to do allergy testing. I had a slight reaction to cinnamon but a massive reaction to formaldehyde. He gave me a list of formaldehyde free soaps, toothpastes, shampoos, detergents etc. and advised me to wash new clothes before wearing them.

I had wondered why I used to itch for several weeks after having my Flu jab and it turned out that Formaldehyde was used to kill the live virus. There are now formaldehyde free versions and I always insist on them.

• Posted

When I knew I was allergic to formaldehyde, I said that it would really b***er things up when they bury me, to which some bright spark replied 'ooh, yes, I wonder what they'll do'!!

I'm also allergic to formaldehyde releasers [and nickel too].  I am an expert in what to buy to clean things with, including me.  And what lotions and potions to buy etc etc..  The thing that amazes me most, is that baby shampoos and other things, have formaldehyde releasers in them.

It's fun, isn't it! cheesygrin

• Posted

Hi Peter, the way the rash is more dense around your ankles, I wonder if you walked through a chemical you were allergic to (like after a lawn is treated with chemicals), and also inhaled the chemical resulting in the blisters in your mouth. It could be a chemical sensitivity reaction.  Also, it could be a systemic problem since it is manifesting at mouth and ankles...such as an autoimmune or allergic reaction. Do see the doctor ASAP. You may need to have biopsies of these areas. Sometimes an episode of a chronic disease will come, and then go, and the opportunity to diagnose will be missed if you do not find a doctor who really knows, not guesses, what is happening. For instance, sarcoid can manifest like this, but it  can resolve without diagnosis. It is better to know what you have so you can better treat yourself, so as to not have recurrence or any long lasting damage to your body. Wishing you diagnosis and healing. <3>
  • Posted

Thank you so much for all your advice. I have spoken to a doctor over the phone who said I should not worry. I have been to work and now have a bloodshot eye. I will be visiting A and E in the morning. 
    • Posted

I'm glad your getting it checked!

I'm a bit surprised that the doctor

Said that without looking at it, any

Way hope all is well 😊

Kate.

• Posted

your surprized ! i am not, its  typical .

before i was diognosed with fibro ,they said i was depressed i had given up trying to explain ,so took them i ended up coughing my self sick every night,and with a peek flow of 200 ,i had a voice like darth vadour when i went back to the doctors 

he made no conection just fobbed me of with coieden cough medincine ,and sent me for xray

one a compleat wast of time and one a complete waste of public money , 

it was when i saw my asthma nurse that the problem was sorted she told me that i shouldnt be taking them ,with asthma . 

thats with seeing him . 

• Posted

That's awful! My DR is just as useless I have been admitted to hospital

Twice with dangerously low

Potassium, lost all use of my arms

And legs...horrible, lost three stones

In weight and my DR tried to tell

Me I was anorexic....he got a mouthful for that! Doctors these days just want

To label everyone, turned out my

Potassium was due to ibuprofen that

He prescribed plus I'm a chronic

Asthmatic so should not be taking

Them! They just want you In and out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.