UNUSUAL HEARING ACTIVITY, PRIOR TO MENIERE'S

Posted , 5 users are following.

LOOKING FOR COMMON DENOMINATOR. ALL WHO HAVE HAD ANY SOUNDS COMING TO YOU BEFORE THE ONSET, EVEN MONTHS OR YEARS BEFORE. PLEASE RESPOND, MAY BE LEAD TOWARDS RELEIF .

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dave are you referring to other noises other then the common ringing or constant noise like white noise, or fullness which are symptoms of Meniere's?  Can you be a little more specific.  I do not recall anything prior to my diagnosis in 2009.  Marie
  • Posted

Not sure what kind of sounds you are talking about but I would hear clicking or popping sounds besides the ever present multitonal ringing. I still do hear it when there are weather fronts moving. I could hear my own pulse when things were quiet (like I am trying to go to sleep). Buzzing sounds were not unusual too.
    • Posted

No, I can't say that I ever did with this. You are probably experiencing something totally different there. Sometimes when the brain is stressing over something memories will bring up things from the past. It actually seems like what you see or hear is real. If they continue, I would talk with your doctor about it. I did have a friend who had two different kinds of fillings in his mouth, he would pck up a local radio station. He had to have his fillings redone to fix it.
    • Posted

I don't think it is any neurological. I am thinking along the lines of  microwave frequincies in different wave lengths. There is a military base near me and at certain times of the day i get TV disruptions
    • Posted

What led to my diagnosis was an almost complete hearing loss in my left ear. What I would hear sounded like someone had a radio on real low and I couldn't make out what was being said. I do have a hearing sensitivity where certain high pitched noises are very painful and I hear certain low pitched noises that my husband apparently can't but that may be that he is just going deaf. That is as close as I can come. Has an ENT checked you for nerve conduction issues?
    • Posted

Donna: THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WAS HAPPENING WITH ME. I BELIEVE THERE IS A MECHANICAL DEVICE OUT THERE THAT IS PRODUCING OUT OF COMPLIED RANGE OF RADIO FREQUINCIES. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE ILLEGAL ON THEIR PART, BUT IT COULD CERTAINLY BE DETRIMENTAL TOWARDS SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THEIR ACUTE ABILITY TO DISTINQUISH HIGHER AND OR LOWER FREQUENCIES MORE SO THEN THE GENERAL POPULACE. I THINK WE SHOULD COLLABORATE MORE ON THIS SUBJECT. COULD YOU DO A SURVEY OF YOU LOCATION IN CORRESPONDENCE TO YOUR RELATION TO RADIO BROADCASTING STATIONS. WE ARE LOOKKING FOR GPS. CORRIDINATES AND THE RADIO FREQUINCIES THOSE STATIONS ARE USING, ANY MILITARY BASES NEARBY SHOULD BE NOTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I AM THINKING IF WE CAN'T GET OUR HEARING BACK WE COULD MAYBE SAVE SOMEONE ELSE FROM THIS TORTURE. THERE MIGHT EVEN BE A CHANCE OF REVERSING THIS BY RETUNING OUR EARS . 
    • Posted

I am near no radio stations or cell towers. There is a military radar five miles due east. Once I got my MD treated with diazide the issue disappeared. I have been able to learn to tolerate the constant multitonal ringing which is way worse that any other noises I hear. There are ways to help with these noises you are hearing. With me knowing what they are is enough then I can ignore tthem. The first step is to get a hearing test to see exactly where you are in the hearing spectrum
    • Posted

Donna: You do receive radio and tv broadcast where and who are the stations located? Thanks, Dave
    • Posted

All of them that I know of are in downtown Denver, some where around 20 miles west of here. I don't pay that much attention to them.
  • Posted

Before my vertigo attacks I would hear a loud ringing and buzzing.
    • Posted

THIS ALSO COULD BE ATTRIBITED TO MICRO WAVE FREQUINCIES PUT OUT BY TV BROADCASTING COMPANIES OR RADIO STATIONS MAYBE EVEN MILITARY AIRPORTS. WOULD YOU CARE TO HELP US IN THIS ENDEAVOR BY LOCATING THOSE BUSINESS IN RELATION TO WHERE YOU LIVE. YOU WOULD NEED TO ALIGN THEM INREGARDS TO YOUR LOCATION WITH GPS. COORDINATES. IF YOU CANNOT DO THIS , JUST SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS LOCATION AND THOSE OF THE BROADCASTING COMPANIES NAME AND ADDRESSES. THANKS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.