Unusual pain in lower abdomen, 21 year old male, help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 21 year old male who has been having unusual pain in lower left side of my abdomen beside my hip, it feels like a bubble, I have been having it for about 3-5 months. It seems to cause bowel movement changes, no bleeding from rectum and it does seem to cause me to pass gas, it's not excruciating pain but more irritating and does cause hot sweats, randomly occurs but more likely when I'm sitting and leaning forward, anyone have any idea what the issue could be and some advice to numb the symptoms

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like impacted stool in the sigmoid area
    • Posted

I still pass wet stool daily , but I also pass a jelly like substance usually sperate from my regular passing of stool
  • Posted

That sounds like you may be passing mucus.  I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when I was 24 years old.  Basically pain on left side - frequent bowel movements with mucus.  I would certainly visit your doctor to discuss your concerns.

Good luck.

• Posted

I have IBS and have similar symptoms. Check with your doctor first though. When he runs tests, if they all come back negative, IBS can be diagnosed.
  • Posted

I would check this out with a doctor.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hello,

The best thing for everyone in here to  do is go and see their doctor, I am not a doctor and I have only given advice on what helped my ibs symptoms.  I now have to go on a wheat free diet.

Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.