Up again all night running to the toilet.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi:  I am glad I have found you all.  I have had gastritis and IBS for years and have not gotten much help.  Most of the time I am constipated but last year and this year, after taking some really strong pro-biotics I have gone into horrible diarrhea.  It is just water.  I finally remembered the last bout and how I went to a new gastro doc and he told me to stop eating dairy and stop taking immodium and it went away!  It still seems as if it was at its end anyway but I realize that I have been eating dairy which I have been eating since last year.  Only now it is causing the diarrhea.  Then again maybe it caused the constipation over the years before.

I also have this pain that starts up by my rib cage and will continue down my stomach as if it a ball of food.  I think though it is a ball of gas because if I take baking soda and belch it feels somewhat better.

The first time I had a bout of this I was in high school and I remember crawling on the floor in pain.  My parents took me to hospital but all they did was give me an ant-acid to drink and sent me home.  I was still in pain.  Then it would happen only once a year or so.  And then some doctor prescribed a really high dose of Ibupropen because I had a problem with my back and I took that suff for one day and the next day I was in pain and it has been kind of chronic since then.  I don't touch those OCT drugs anymore and depend on opiates even though they cause problems too.  I don't care.  I can't stand the pain.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I also forgot to add that now I am having this thing where everytime I eat I have to run to the bathroom shortly thereafter.  What is this?

If anyone can help me with ideas or just comradeship I'd be so grateful.  I have lived with this so long and no one I know knows anything about it.  They are always telling me to take OTC antacids or things like that.  And God forbid if I tell them I am taking a narcotic for the pain they jump out of their skin so fast to tell me how bad that is to take.  

• Posted

Hi there, have you ever been diagnosed with gastritis? As it sounds very similar? I take ranitidine and after every meal I have a 5ml spoon of gaviscon, it has stopped the sickness and the pain. Hope this helps
    • Posted

Yes I have been diagnosed with gastritis and irritable bowl.  I have taken different antacids but I think I will try your combination and see if it helps.  I've never taken them together.  Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.