update

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies

Well that's me home got out yesterday so im on day four from I had my laporatomy op they removed large ovarian cysts ovary and fallopian tube.

I'm totally exhausted having diarrhoea must be with all the meds just so glad its over

Can I ask a couple of questions please

Did your scar knit together and how long for?

When does your tummy go down?

Did you lose any hair with the anesthetic?

Thanks in advance ladies

If anyone wants to ask me any questions prior to op and after feel free and I will help you as much as I can.

Love louise xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Iam six weeks post op, had same as you, my cut was glued and after a week took dressing off and it has healed nicely. Stomach takes a few weeks to go down I looked pregnant. Never lost any hair.Just take it easy and you will recover quicker.
    • Posted

Hi Brenda

Awe thanks for getting back to me, I think you have so many mixed emotions running threw your head.

Can I ask you also did your period come straight after the op mine did, I was glued back up also bit strange lol.

Love louise xx

• Posted

I am 66 so don't have to worry about periods, yes it was strange being glued, had a stitch in my belly button as they tried keyhole first
  • Posted

Hi Louise, glad you are home now, my wound was glued together and it took about three weeks to heal completely- and yes my hair was falling out loads I thought I was gonna go bald ! I havnt, I think our bodies deal with things differently. Your body has been through a trauma and things need time to settle down, the hair loss will slow down as well when your body adjusts xx
  • Posted

im sorru i have no answers for u love but want to wish u well and a speedy recovery xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.