Update

Posted , 7 users are following.

Not sure if you remember me.  I was in too minds about getting married a few months ago because of polymyalgia. Well I did. I'm on depo medrone injections and have now got down from two weekly to monthly and feel a million dollars. Back from a long road trip from Calais to the south of Spain and return. No symptoms. Now have to get off this steroid. I'm sure the warm weather helped. GP won't let me reduce or stop until I see a consultant but have been waiting for 5 months on NHS. My wedding day for those who remember me

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hilary, congratulations! I wish you both every happiness. 

I think some of your thread is missing as the last sentence is incomplete. But, nevertheless, your Dr is quite right. You may feel like a million dollars but that is because of the medrone and not due to the auto immune clearing up so don't be in to much of a hurry to quit the steriods.

hopefully you at the very least will have a date for your rheumatologist appointment and if not you need to chase that up because 5 months is a long time to be waiting and not hearing anything.

all the best, tina

• Posted

Hi Hilary, Well done you and yes I do remember you.  Am over the moon for you both.  It's great to hear a story with a happy ending.  Regards Pat
  • Posted

Yes, we do remember you, Hilary  Great to hear how well you are doing - bet being happily married has lots to do with it!  But don't spoil it by rushing to get off steroids now will you - as Tina has said just because the depo medrone is controlling the inflammation enough to keep the pain away, it doesn't mean that PMR is in remission.  Stay well and stay happy.smile  
  • Posted

so glad you didn't cancel your wedding because of PMR - don't let the b@stard beat you!
  • Posted

Of course we remember you - that is great news, keep updating us though.
  • Posted

Hi Hilary, Lord was it  a few months ago that you wrote about your situation? I remember reading your post and being very moved by it. . . . Well, a big congratulations for taking the plunge and I hope you both have a great life together. I'm glad your treatment is working but the one big  thing i've learned from the collection of wisdom on this forum is -  DON'T rush things !  And - keep in touch, J 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.