Update on getting treatment etc for a prolapse

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, just to let you know I'm seeing gthe physiotherapist soon about having some home colonic irrigation and to remind whoever I do see that the Consultant is considering sending me for an MRI scan as the proctograms, sigmoids and colonoscopies I've had so far have failed to show up why five years after major keyhole surgery for my prolapsed bowel, a ventral mesh retropescy, I am still just as symptomatic and needing to open my bowels over 16 times a day and recently digitally assist, which is obviously unpleasant for me.

The problem I have and admittedly this was a little worse pre surgery is the ventral mesh, which they needed to do as I was ill and bleeding and producing bucket loads of mucus by the hour, but it "hoisted everything up" so that the prolapse itself, which the operation failed to address as sometimes happens causes everything to come out in dribs and drabs every 20 mins or so round the clock rather than like with most normal people who experience "one fell swoop" up to three times a day maximum.  And the hoisting up caused there to be no pressure in certain parts of the colon so that I am forced to strain with all the volume of an excitable baby elephant which is exhausting and not good for me but I can't help it, there is no way that "waiting" - I could wait till my hair was greying and round my ankles and there would be absolutely no progress without applying pressure and it would be impractical and painful.  Thats the tip of the iceberg with this.

Colonic irrigation in theory where the warm water circulates the main parts of the bowel, well its supposed to stimulate things to gather together and promote a "one fell swoop" type action or as I often joke, as if I didn't have a sense of humour I would clearly go under with something as disgustingly inconvenient as this, as in the Monty Python sketch "we used to DREAM of liveing in a shoe box" I like to quote that as if to say "we used to dream of it all coming out in one fell swoop" and if you are familiar with Python you will no doubt get my drift.  Anyway, I'm going to try it and hopefully get the mRI scan that after six years of being tormented like this and every other test being unreliable, and I've co operated with ALL, I so deserve, 

Wish me luck xx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please do the scans and Kris to find the solution.

soon this will be repaired and you will feel much better. Don't mess with colonics. Get in for testing and repair the prolapsed bowl ASAP!

• Posted

I mean scan and mri & all tests needed. This site is not working well

• Posted

Well I intend to try the colonic irrigation as I feel it may help and they are completely unprepared to offer me a second operation so it have no other option open to me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.