Update on my condition

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been feeling empty, trying to cope with day to day life. I am still in debt and still scared and suffering from anxiety because of my financial situation. I have not been able to sleep at night and during the day I still lay in bed and worry about my problems. 

I sometimes feel that there is no happiness left in my life. I can't make a decision and when it comes to work, I can barely function. I do not like my job, it does not stimulate me in any way nor does the place where I am living. The only place where I feel safe in in bed, away from everyone and everything. I am really depressed. I just wish I was in a better condition that I could actually help myself, but I seriously need help. But I do not know where to find it, because in Poland there is no help for depression. This has to be one of the worst places for American expat, I wish I never came here. 

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear this is not good at all, I can't belive they have nothing for depression how awful, must be so many people suffering. I worked in Poland many years ago for 3 months, and it's not the most happy place is it? Is there anyway you can get back to America at least to see a Dr?
    • Posted

Poland is a depressing place. I need money and I have no family in US. The culture here is that depression is not real, It's a catholic country so suffering seems to be the trend and with that suffering you distract yourself with consumption and living a complete lie. That is what I have learn about this culture since I have been in this place. 

I dont know what to do. I just want a support system and be surrounded by people who are real and are uplifting. I wish I was in Canada, or some place western where I can get some help because I really need some help. I am not sure if I am going to make it. 

• Posted

Listen u will make it I'm here, do u not have any money to get a flight even to UK?

Always can talk to me , depression will pass but u do need meds, u won't belive how bad I was with depression and anxiety, and what will help is talking to God, and I'm a real person online here that understands, depression will not beat you neither will anxiety it only happens to strong people so come on now, let's get u help asap x

• Posted

I'll do some investigating what part of Poland are you know?
    • Posted

Money? I make enough to pay a few bills and salad for lunch an apple for snack and sometimes an egg for breakfast. On the pluss side, it's a grate way to lose weight. As for depression and getting help, that's not an option for me. Not just money, but where I live it would be the next talked about thing in my town. See everyone knows everyone and everything about everyone! As of now I'm that mom who abandoned her family. Me?! The one person who family ment everything to! There is nothing I'd not do for my children! Witch is why I left their father... but it backfired and now I'm in over my head and have no one. They all for the most part took his side, or feel the need to "stay nutral" what crock! And talk about unhealthy. If I were to die tomorrow no one would know for days or weeks, unless the smelled me. There is nothing left. NOTHING!
    • Posted

Hi sharla, ok I'm doing some research for you to contact the American embassy it's in warszava here is the number +48 225042000

Address Aleje ujazdowskie 29 31 warszava

Tell them that u are very unwell and facing depression you have no family and need medical help asap. Please please do this and let me know what they say to you. Don't think no one would care your kids would be scared for life if u did something silly to ur self.

Where in Poland do u live?

Big hugs to you I care for you very much and I'm waiting for ur reply. X

• Posted

Um you have me confused with another person. I'm in Texas a very very small town in Texas
    • Posted

I live in Warsaw. I will send them an email. I dont have any children so I am pretty much on my own. 
    • Posted

Sorry it was you I was meant to send the info to , let me know how you get on?
  • Posted

My new update. I went to the embassy. They said that could help me by buying me a plane ticket back to US however, I would have to repay them and that I could not travel internationally until I pay them back and I have no place to live nor any means to support myself in the States. All I want is to get better, and move to Canada, why because I know in my gut Canada is the best place for me right now. And my landlady has kicked me out however has retracted and said that I have one last chance to pay the overdue rent and I plan to pay it back week by week. She scolded me and made me feel like I was a child. I am trying to see a doctor however money is an issue. I am just taking things one day at a time. 
    • Posted

Hi don't you have any family or friends in US you can go to?  Even if it means having to swallow your pride?   You have no way to get to Canada so that will have to remain a pipe dream for the time being so don't let it distract you from the real issues. 

How do you know Canada is the best place for you?   Didn't you get the same feeling when you moved to Poland?  And look where that led you.   Your best bet is to accept the offer and go home.  Surely there is a homeless hostel where you can stay or something until you can get a job and get back on your feet?   And you would be a lot happier back in your own country surely?   I know I would in your situation. 

What is your main immediate priority?  If it is to get out of Poland then deal with that first.   x  

• Posted

My family died in 2004. My mother was my only family, and now that she is gone I do not have a family. I did not feel comfortable when I moved to Poland, I was partly influenced by my ex to move here. He made promises to me and ended up breaking my heart and abandoning me. I had a life in Australia, that I took for granted. Now I want to leave this place, I know Canada is good for me because it is close to the US but not the US, I have my reason and NO ONE can talk me out of it. I am sick of some people trying to talking me out of living my dream, because guess what: I am not living my dreams now, I am not working in my what I am passionate about and I despise the environment that I am in. So how is any of this good for me. I knwo I am sick, I know I need treatment but it seems like without money, every door is closed. I even had this notition to sell my soul to the devil, if that is even possible. I just want to get far away from this country and this toxic environment. 
    • Posted

Hi no one is trying  to talk you out of following your dream.  All I said was the immediate problem you face is getting out of Poland as you seem to hate it so much.  Surely the USA is still better than where you are?   Once back there you could perhaps earn enough to get back to Australia or move to Canada.  

Or make a practical plan to move direct to Canada.  Ie get a 2nd job,  make a friend you could stay with to cut your immediate costs etc.   If you don't make plans you will never get to where you want to be.  Good luck and I hope you make it.  x

• Posted

Please do it, get out of Poland, it's such a miserable country even when you're not suffering depression . Follow your heart when you do that it helps your depression a tiny bit. Get to Canada, you can get help straight away.all the best , and keep me updated plz big hugs
    • Posted

I want to get out of here so bad. I cant sleep at night. 
    • Posted

I did go to the US embassy and they said that if they give me money to get out then I would have to pay them back and I will lose all traveling rights until the debt is paid. I have no job lined up in US and no place to stay. So I am trying to find a plan, but thinking about this is causing me to go insane. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.