Update on my situation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all just an update to how I am feeling, i did relax for a week or so but now I'm worse than ever my anxiety and paranoia are rageing and it's making me I'll my throat has felt horse for 3 weeks have bile coming up and constant burps and feel sick to my stomache, litrally can't get cancer out of my mind and it's tarring me apart

Doctor give my sertraline 100mg and omprazole 20mg but i don't feel any different at all

Am I over thinking or do I need to be seen I understand when it is esophageal cancer your pretty much ruined but I can't get this out of my brain

Logan x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey Logan,

I am not a doctor only my opinion, but ive done my own research after fearing the same thing and having paranoia and anxiety. I saw a video from a ucla doctor, and basically he said that even with barrets esophagus, which increase the risk of esophageal cancer 40x the chance of getting it was still really low. Many people here are suffering from similar and worsening conditions such as yourself. Also I saw a video from a Stanford doctor on lpr who pretty much said the same thing. So if you need the peace of mind to reduce the anxiety talk to the gi about getting an upper gi done. It might be worth getting since you are feeling worse. I had one scheduled myself but cancelled it, I have been dealing with my anxiety and it is helping my condition and symptoms. Keeping to a hobby helps me, as well as taking melatonin at night to sleep calmly. Hope you start feeling relief soon.

Take care,

Todd

• Posted

Hi Logan

I understand ur fears completely have u had an endoscopy yet?

Kate

• Posted

Not yet I'm going to request one tomorrow from my gp

Logan

• Posted

Pls push for an endoscopy it's the only way u will get peace of mind let us know how u get on

Kate

• Posted

Hi logan

I know it's been a long time, just wondering did you get that endoscopy and if so how did it go, how are you feeling noe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.