Update on my usage.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started on the 11th of November, to reduce my dosage of Endep/, Amytriptyline instead of raising the dosage as I was about to do until looking into this site.

I was on 2 or 3 X 50mg nightly for nerve damage and pain.  I read so many of the Forum reports and finally got the answer as to why I had weight gain. So, I decided to test out, by dropping 25mg nightly, and after a few days I did have withdrawal which I commented on an earlier discussion.

i am now ready to further reduce the amount and will still have the 50mg nightly, but have a 25mg only every second day for a while, then remove it and see the benefits.

i have not gained weight, and also not lost any, as I didn't want to do any adjustments in that directions so I could hopefully lose weight by reducing the dosage, only. Not yet has this happened.😳.

i have noticed that my body is so much better, and I am stronger in the legs, at last, but the last 3 weeks I've been using a foot massager daily plus the chair massager and together, I am really feeling so much better, because I am stronger and have less pain.

i also have been telling friends that my mind is just so much improved, that it's unreal,.....I am not in a foggy funk, and it's amazing the things I can recall now, and I can hold 3 - 4 numbers in my head now, which was a difficulty.

So, I shall keep in touch with my health news.

My good health to you all and a Merry Christmas also, and I won't be eating any pineapple which gives me gout, and I will not overeat especially on ham, which gives me fluid in the legs, all in all, I am a survivor, and aim to keep doing the best things for my body.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thats fantastic bunty , well done you.😆.you certainly were on a very strong dose...the withdrawal wouldnt have been too nice

either...i bet your feeling better..i would be comotose if i had totake that much..mm..wonder why your doctor put you on such a strong dose..the mind baffles..actually your mind must be feeling quite bright.,good on you bunty..we do have to take our health into our own hands somtimes. ..be encouraged ..you have done a really good thing for you there....be blessed bunty have a lovely day😚😚😍

• Posted

Thanks for your comments.  Today is the second day of dropping the 25mg, and I was feeling a bit "off", then I got abused on line by a nasty teenage neighbour and I felt murderous, not my style, and I've had depression since, once again, not my style.  I've been fighting the feeling and it's as well I'm a strong person and don't have the means or ability to fight back physically because the anger was very strong. I am off to bed shortly and my pain killers are on the go now to aid my BP tablet to enjoy a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is another day, and will be a better one. 😺.  ☺️.  
    • Posted

And the next day was better, which was yesterday.  I let myself have a slow day with no pressure.  I did all sorts of little repair jobs, which had been niggling at me and then ended up feeling very calm and refreshed.

thanks for your concern and good words, I'm outta here now to get to bed.toodles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.