upped my does of lexapro - 5mg to 10mg side effects??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive been on 5mg of lexapro for two weeks and just yesterday upped my does to 10mg. I've felt nauseas throughout yesterday, and this morning had an upset stomach. The side effects from the 5mg wore off but i think im getting more. Am i feeling like this because of the meds or am i just getting sick? Also has anyone else experienced this when they upped their does? Please reply i need to feel better!!!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thats what i hear i started on 10 mg and may have to go to 15mg .and i hear side effects kick in again. i been on 10 for three full weeks tomorrow and still feel the jittets and upset stomach. but i have had good days to
  • Posted

Hey,ive been on 10mg Lex for about 9 weeks now and i started getting sick in my stomach last week and i still fell nauseas. I also dont feel all that myself,still negativ and kind of agitade or nervous feeling in my head, so im just waiting to see
  • Posted

What you're experiencing is normal! You're not getting sick! I had these side effects but it does wear off after a couple of weeks, it just feels a long time when it's happening! I also had avert poor appetite because of the nausea! I used to feel better by the evening! I take my tablets in the morning and then I sleep better as all the nasty side effects have worn off by then! Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.