Upped my dose and here I go again!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Upped my dose 3 and half weeks ago from 10 to 15mg of escitalopram and yet again it kicks in after a week, feel good for a week, sleeping really well, morning anxiety goes and then bang feel awful again, not sleeping as good so feel lethargic, morning anxiety returns and achy, and mood low!

Why does this keep happening? Anyone else experienced this and will it get any better on this roller coaster?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It sure is a roller coaster ride! I have been on this med once before and it worked great at 10 mil for 9 yrs when all of a sudden it stopped working! Doc to increased to 20 bad anxiety and jitters! Been at 15 mil for about  2 weeks and still feeling crappy! I am seeing a therapist and hopefully I will get this resolved! Hope you feel better soon also!
  • Posted

Susan, I am so grateful for your encouragement to me last week when I was restarting lexapro after a year off it and was having side effects.  It's day six now and feeling much happier, still on 5mg with slight nausea in the afternoons and will soon be uppiing it to 10mg.  Will let you know if I get the roller coaster effect.  So sorry you are going through this now, but hang in there.  This med has always worked for me in the past, once the initial stage is over, and I'm guessing that stage can last quite a while for some people.  Maybe you need to go up to 20 mg?  keep in touch and let me know how you get on.  

• Posted

Thanks Diana, so pleased you're making good progress, and hope it carries on!

I was feeling so so good and now down again but hoping I'm having a few off days! I'm going to perservere and hope but yes perhaps I need 20 but will wait and see, take care

• Posted

Hi Diana - I've been increasing Cipralex from 10 to 15 and now to 20. I've been on 20mg for 25 days now. At the same time I was on Mirtazapine 30mg and have reduced this down to 7.5mg over the last 14 days. Last night I didn't take the Mirtazapine and I didn't sleep well and today I've been feeling like crap. Sleepy, nausea, anxiety, nervousness. I took an Ativan to hekp me relax. This helped for about an hour. 

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.