Upper Arm throbbing pain, and now into my neck?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So nice to have this forum to share about this condition.  It seems like it morphs into something different almost weekly.  I've had two very poor night's sleep.  And now most of my pain, besides the discomfort on my shoulder (bra strap), is happening on my upper arm, like where you would receive an injection.  It's sore, and sometimes just throbs.  I also have some new sharp little pains that have been going from shoulder, to the lower part of my neck.  It's all on the pain side, my left.  

Just when I think I'm starting to turn a corner, something new happens.  And as a pet sitter here in Chicago, this is my busiest week of the year.  All Chicago schools are on spring break, and I have lots of families out of town.  If I can make it thru Sunday, I'll be back to a more normal schedule next week.  

Sorry for the rant.  I'm sleep deprived because I can't get comfortable in bed, and have such a busy day again today.  x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

We hear you jules. It does change from week to week. Keep strong.
  • Posted

Same happened for me!!  Partially attributed to nerve entrapment from tight muscles and the shoulder joint itself  of the nerves that run from your neck, accross your shoulder, through the joint and down through to your thumb.  Other is from the long head of the bicep tendon being inflamed.  (I had a bit of tendonitis).  TENS unit helped a bit.  Ice helped a bit.  Both just feel good, even if the affects don't last long.  And drugs - lots of drugs.....

• Posted

Hi jules

Yes I've had that awful upper arm pain , which runs to my shoulder blade and along my collar bone , I also thought I was on the way to thawing; about 2 weeks ago: but then for some reason , took a major set back with extreme pain both day and night!! I'm pleased to report that I have it appears, to have turned another corner ( in this ever changing and bumpy road ) . I've managed to cut down on drugs and the use of the TENS machine , I've still got an 'ache' and I cannot raise my arm , do up my bra etc , but I can cope with this .. Hold on in there jules , wishing you well cindy

• Posted

My doctor said that arm pain, numbness, tingling can be the result of nerve compression in the C5 and C6 vertebrae. This seems to agree with with I've read about underlying conditions that promote the development of frozen shoulder. I've read that a posture pump can help with the nerve compression if a person doesn't want to see a chiropractor.
  • Posted

Hi Jules,

I have the same thing. MRI in neck showed a little compression on C5, but otherwise doctor said neck pain is a result of pain in frozen shoulder. My neck currently has no curve because of the pain. No idea what to do about it, just there I guess. These doctors. :-)

Re: arm pain, FS started in August, 2015 and in October, I had EXCRUCIATING spasms around the top of my arm (as you described where you receive shots.) I mean I have a high pain tolerence and I was sobbing the first time it hit me. Six month later it still hurts badly. Ice is only thing that helps and Tigers Balm.

Sorry you have it too..

Sorry you have it too..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.