Upper left rib pain that extends into back for last 11 months!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am wondering can anyone give me advice or if anyone is expereincing the same issues as me. Last October I started to feel a slight sensation under my left rib. It has been present since then and has seemed to get more apparent over time. Its not sore too touch and its also isnt a bad pain. More a dull feeling that goes straight through to my back. I have had the following tests - MRI on lower back as I was having sever lower back pain also which has since gone away (which showed a minor disc bulge), 3 sets of blood tests which all came back normal apart from thyroid which I am now on medication for, CT scan of Kidneys, Endoscopy (which showed mild Gastrtis), Chest xray, ECG, Abdominal Ultrasound and H-Pylori test which came back poistive but has now been treated. Being sent for a Thorasic MRI next week but not sure if it will be worth my while as this doesnt feel like its a muscular or spinal problem. Sometimes the pain feels like a stitch but that only comes and goes for a few seconds and then it goes back to a dull pain again. Can anyone give me any insight as this has been going on so long! Im 28, Approx 56 kilos, healthy eater, occaionally drink but not heavy.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gemsh dont know what to suggest as you have thankfully had lots of tests which have shown nothing which is good but frustrating all the same cos you still dont know whats up.You say the H-Pylori test came back positive but is being sorted. At least i think we can say its nothing major as the tests you have had have ruled this out. I cant think of much else they can do hear. Hope it either clears up or you get sorted with diagnoses. Where abouts do you live? 

Sue

• Posted

I've had upper left sided pain 6 years now. All tests also clear for me. Very frustrating. Paranoid it's pancreas
  • Posted

You actually have a fantastic report that lots of us here w ould die for! Could you perhaps love your body and stop looking inwards as life passes by ever so quickly.
    • Posted

That's harder than you think when your living with undiagnosed pain! It's a constant worry and scans and tests are never 100% accurate. I've tried many times to try and push it to back if my mind and enjoy life but it's always there reminding me something is not right!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.