Upset stomach with blood pressure tablets

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've just been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I tried Rampiril for 2 weeks and had terrible upset stomach and kept running to the loo all the time. I was switched to Atenolol and have found exactly the same side effects plus feeling very woozy even though I took the tablet at night.  Are there any tablets for high blood pressure which don't cause these upset stomachs? I'm only taking 2.5mg. Thank you for any advice

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am taking candesartan again but at breakfast time and do not have upset stomac hs at all. See my new posting regarding grape seed extract which seems to be a possibility
    • Posted

Thank you. Where can I find your posting?

• Posted

Hi. I have been taking Ramipril for several years and been lucky enough not to suffer from any of the recognised side effects.....a dry tickly cough being the most common.

Your GP can prescribe other bp medications in an effort to find one most suited to you. It can be a bit "trial and error" in the early days. Go back to your doctor and ask him/her to prescribe another drug and keep doing that until you find one that suits.

Good luck.

• Posted

I think I'll have to! Can't go on like this!

• Posted

hi

my previous comment is under hypertension I think. My experience with salt is similar to Herblife as I my weight flies on now for eating less than I did before. Blood sugar has gone over 7 and I have taken for metformin for about 20 days but this devastates the way my stoma works, and I could not concentrate on tasks such as costing and estimates at work. I also had facial emphasemia ( hope thats right). In meetings I felt that I might jump in to squash what i did not believe was correct. Otherwise not at rest but at a trigger point. Came off that tablet and feel great after one day, but BP much too high. Off to see my GP on Saturday to work out new pescription.  Intrigued to see use of Evening primrose oil by Herblife. Presumably no sugar in your herb tea H?

• Posted

I was having horrible side effects from taking Losartan, I felt naseous all the time and had uncontrollable retching. A few days ago I ate just before going to bed, which is when i had been taking the tablets, and, hey presto, I had no side effects the next day. Since then I have been taking my tablets with my evening meal and have not suffered any side effects. It is definitely worth having a go at taking the tablets with a meal if you are suffering and have not already tried doing this smile
    • Posted

My stomach hurts I pray my new methods assist me in my hopes of ridding all uncomfortabilities
  • Posted

I appreciate the post it's somewhat applicable to me and for this I say thank you ; any new info I'd like it to be forwarded to me. Gof Bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.