urethral dialitation.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, i had a cystoscopy done a few months back. It revealed i had stenosis of urethra. Now i need to have urethra dialitation n dr said he would have to cut n repair urethra. I'm really nervous abt both going under GA n having this procedure. Has anybody else had this? Any advice u can offer?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had this procedure 12 months ago , there is no need to worry . An injection in your hand you go to sleep and wake up in bed and its all over . Slight discomfort after and you will more than likley have a catheter fitted , this will be removed in a week or so . I didn't have any pain and it has made a big improvement  in my life . 

• Posted

Thanks.... but I'm really nervous abt being put to slp. I have all sorts of images abt something going and me not waking up. sad

• Posted

Please don't worry , the doctors know what they are doing .  No need to worry , it is a simple procedure and you will only be asleep for a very short time . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.