Urethroplasty-Bulbar and Distal

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,Hi I am 41 year old.Since childhood i had weak flow.I had circumcision when i was 12 years old as all of sudden i had urinary blockage.After that it was fine till 2010 when i started getting pain.I had cystocopy and urethrotomy but that didnt fix it.i was told that i had stricture. so had urethroplasty in bulbar area in 2013.

2015 onwards i started getting urinary infections so again went for test(cystoscopy and dye test).They said there is stricture in front part so have to go for distal urethroplasty.

I just had my first stage of Distal Urethroplasty in October end .They have kept the surgical site open.have been told stricture is around 2 cm.i have follow up appointment in January.then they will decide for the second stage of urethroplasty which is basically closure of site.

has anyone had this two stage distal urethroplasty.would like to know how was the recovery and did it improve the flow after second stage surgery completion?

also wanted to add that after passing water i have to apply bit of pressure using hands to push out remaining water doc say this is milking as the graft is from cheek and is not that effective like the original skin so have to do that always.

has anyone experienced such things with the graft in bulbar area?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Krish.  I don't under stand where you got the stricture.  You said that you had the circumcision when you were 12 that was done on the outside of the penis now you said that you had pain in 2010 between the time you well 12 and 2010 did anything happen to cause the stricture.  Stricture take a little to cause trouble.  When I was 47 I had kidney stones removed for both kidneys.  10 to 12 years later I keep getting infection.  I did not know why.  in 2014 I had 7 and ended up in the hospital with sepsis.  All most died.  They said that it was in my blood for 6 to 8 weeks.  I had to go to a urologist because they try to catheter me and could not get it in.  That hurt like hell.  After many test he found out I had a stricture just before the prostate.  He told me that the urine was backing up that is why I was getting infection.  I can't see if they did not go inside why you got stricture.  Did they offer you anyother treatment.  My doctor told me before any surgery he would try a balloon dialation first to open it up  I know you have to be in alot of pain.  Why did they not sew it up on the first surgery.  I think it should have been done not wait for  3 month's.  I hope all goes well for you.  Ken  

• Posted

Hi Ken, I always had weak flow since childhood.I am told by docor that my stricture is relaated to licehen schelorsis(a type of skin condition).

as per distal urethroplasty they have to keep it open for graft to settle in and have good blood supply.

http://www.baus.org.uk/_userfiles/pages/files/Patients/Leaflets/Urethroplasty_distal.pdf

• Posted

I bet you will be happy when this is all over.  I hope it works.  The only thing I don't understand is .  I know when you have sex it may hurt for a while but why would you have lass of a ejaculation.  Your prostate was not touch Have to read more on that.  Take it easy  Ken. 

• Posted

Its too early to say anything.just completed 5 weeks since first stage surgery.will have better idea once second stage is done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.