Urethroplasty Exprience

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 36 yr man in USA suffering from bulbar structure from last 10 to 15 years. I have first learn about this illness back in 2009 and went through the internal urethrotomy fixing .5 cm stricture. The stricture keep coming back and I end of having the internal urethrotomy in 2012 and 14. My doctor told me in 2014 that I should go for urethroplasty and meet dr Morey. Dr has looked into my X-ray and decided to perform uerothroplasty. I was so afraid about the surgery and could not sleep properly for many nights thinking should I do thi surgery or not. I was also reading lot of stories online about pain and buccal mucosa. Oh man it was too tough for me to go for this surgery. I have finally decided to go. I am writing this exactly after three days of my surgery. The doctor did not took buccal mucosa and performed surgery by taking bad part out and joining the good part.

I am finally so relaxed laying down on bed and waiting for three weeks to complete to take the cathedral out.

I hope this will help some one deciding for surgery...

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Please keep reporting and letting us know how this is going. I am particularly interested in what, if anything, happens to the length of your erection, after you have healed up from the surgery.

Neal

• Posted

I get erection during night time while on cathedral. I see no change so far .. I am healing pretty fast it's just 3 days and my pain is almost gone .. Let's hope for best ..
  • Posted

Have the same thing.  I keep getting kidney infection.  Last year I had 7. Ending up being sepsis.  This year I had 3 and going through with one now.  On Ciprofloxacn 1000MG for a month.  It also caused a prostate infection.  I go for a scope in January and we will see.  My urologist told me that I could have a balloon dilation or a end to end.  With the balloon it may come back and I will have to have it again.  The end to end would get rid of it. Onle thing is I trust my Dr. bur read a story about a guy that had a small strictue and haad it done the Dr. took 3in off. Now he's a mess.  I don't care if they take a 1/2 a in but no more.  How much did they cut off...Take care  Ken  
  • Posted

Put a little lube on the catheter close to the tip it will not hurt as much  Ken
  • Posted

Its been more than a week everything looks great...
  • Posted

It been 7th week after surgery. My flow were great in until 7th week. This week the flow is suddnely reducing. I am afraid is that means my surgery is not successfull
    • Posted

Lets hope it will get better It does take time to heal  Every man is diffrent.  I go in next week toi have a implant repaired.  Talk later Ken
  • Posted

Hopefully!! My flow is greately reduced now. I am going to see my Dr tomorrow. I never thought that the flow will reduce in few weeks. I was better without urethroplasty sad
    • Posted

Maybe it's just not long enough for you to heal.  It does take time.  I just hope it did not cause more scare tissue..  Good Luck  Ken 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.