Urinary Hesitation

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had the Turp procedure the end of June, 2017 and was back in the hospital July 12-17 because of going back on plavix and I had to wait until the bleeding stopped.  About two weeks ago, I started having urinary hesitation.  When I would get up at night, it takes about a minute to start my flow.  The stream is very good it is just that it take a minute for it to start.  It's not the plavix causing this because this problem began before I restarted the plavix.  I am still getting up every 1 1/2 hours to pee and this hesitation is very troublesome when you are tired.  Did anyone else have this problem?  I thought my problem of urinatng during the night would stop after the procedure but it is still the same.  It's still the same but flow is a lot better. It is now almost 4 months post-op.  Did anybody have this problem and did it stop or will it stop?  Thank you for all the inputs.

Ray

P.S.  I am a 65 year old male.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That sounds your bladder is giving you a problem. Ask your Uro to prescribe you Oxybutinin to help you calm your bladder. It helped me a lot. I had my TURP on June 1st and prostate biopsy on August 11th. Biopsy aggravated my nightly urinination more than a TURP and my Uro prescibed Oxybutinin that took care of urination at night and increased intervals between urination during the day. 

MK

• Posted

It took me 8 months before I could get through a night without getting up, and even now if I get up I can hardly pass any water, but in the daytime have a really good flow.  Still have to wear incontinence pads for dribbles but have not had a major accident for 2 weeks now and it was last December I had my TURP. ED is still a major problem to face which gets me down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.