urinary retention tips to help urination

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i am male in my mid 30's and have been suffering to the point of nearly going to A&E at times but wanted to share some things which i learnt very quickly which i hope can help some of you out there.. ..

Constant full bladder? Little urination flow? Painful when trying? No letup? If yes Then read on... If you cant urinate at all and are in pain and your bladder is overfull phone an amblance or get to A&E ASAP. 

As i am a man i cant comment for women but this is what sort of works for me:

Get a vessal that is large enough to encase the penis and scrotum that is not constricting. 

Fill with hot (not burning but above body temp) you dont want to scald the fella!

Sit in the crouch position in the bath and place penis and scrotum in the vessal of water. Bring the vessal as to make a vacuum against the skin (bring from vertical to horistonal) try to include your bladder and hold for a couple of mins. 

Then remove stand up and try to urinate after a few seconds as the air cools. It prob wont work first time but persevere and repeat eventually i found it works and what starts off as a little if any flow eventually u might get a few decent seconds of flow.. It prob will still hurt like hell..

I find leaning with one hand against the wall and leaning slighty forward helps.( people may think it is awful urinating in the bath but trust me people that have this condition would happily do it in public if it meant they could pee!)

Another thing i find helps to mix it up aka to aid urination in addition is to splash cold water directly on to the anus. The change / contrast in temp to me works.

Anyway make sure you do all the above without distraction and on your own.

If like me you may have to do this everytime you go.

Hopefully yours like mine will be sorted soon!!!

Well thats what works for me but i cant gurantee it will for u. But i feel for anyone that is going through this so just wanted to impart.

Please check with your doctor before you follow any of the above as everyone is different and has different ailments that this may not be suited for... So follow at your own risk!

Best of luck.

J

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Last few I have been struggling to pass urine, but only small amount of urine that I am able to pass and don't know whether constipation cause it
  • Posted

When I sit down I feel need to pass urine and then if I go to toilet but I cannot pass urine or pass a bit of urine
    • Posted

Constipation can be a cause. There are loads of things that can cause urinary retention e.g. Types of meds, trauma, constipation, enlarged prostate, obstruction etc.... I would definitely go to your GP/ doctor.

I would not wait and hope it gets better. The sooner you go to the docs the sooner it can be sorted. 

• Posted

I got urology appointment soon and hoping that they can sort out problem. I have same problem before and they gone away by themselves. I have diagnose with OAB two years a go and they give me some medication to treat bladder problem and sometime I get constipation. I did some tests and scan recently at hospital everything were normal. I did scan two months a go and they said that I got really enlarge protaste.
    • Posted

Hi john. How did the trip to urology go? I am having similar problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.