urinating every 20 minutes.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm a 53 year old male with a diagnosed enlarged prostate.  I take flomax but I am urinating now up to 70-80 times daily.  I admit to drinking a lot of water which I should not but it's gotten to be a bad habit i have trouble breaking.  The urinating is with frequency and quick urgency and it prevents me froom going out.  Could such frequency and urgency all be due to bph?  Could some sort of ablation surgery help with this?  

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Jim I would talk with your doctor Maybe he will change you or tell you to take a pill every other day. Drinking a lot of water is good for you but don't over do it. There is to much and it has to come out Ken
  • Posted

I agree with Ken. You need to see a doctor. Drinking a lot of water, and urinating a lot can also be a sign of diabetes. Get it checked out and get a confirmed diagnosis. Don't do anything because it could be this or that.

Neal

• Posted

You need to see a urologist to get a diagnosis on what is causing the frequency and urgency. If they say it's due to BPH under no circumstances have a TURP or Holep. Check out PAE and see if you're a suitable candidate. There are no side effects except for 30% of PAE patients who report improved sexual performance. 
  • Posted

If you are living in a temperate climate such as the UK you don't need more than two litres a day. You arer also getting more liquid from your foods.

With computers it is GIGO, garbage in, garbage out.

Your bladder is the same, liquid in, liquid out.

• Posted

Hello jim48507, good to see you asking questions in the right place.

Flomax to get you to pe. Since peeing too much do you need flomax ? Also flomax can hurt the kidneys. If enlarged prostat but no cancer, then read all you can about the TURP. If the medical world says that is the only way come back in here and ask. Keep track of how many have said yes or no and what they have said. I had it Jan 7 this year, changed my life in many ways. I no longer have to go pee right now, but then they tell me to still use pads in case I leak. Some body abov e noted sex life, what is that ?  Good luck and I wish you well. 

• Posted

Opinion only: I had a TURP 2 years ago, barbaric

and awful. Didn't work for me. Would never do it again. Works for some, hit or miss with possible terrible side effects.

I had a PAE 3 Weeks ago. It was a breeze. No side effects. Doing a little better already.

Do lots of research.

All that urologists want to do is ream you out with one method or another.

They can't do a PAE. Vascular surgeons do PAE's.

You may have the Guinness Book record for peeing!

I would do something sooner than later.

Good luck.

• Posted

Also as others have told you get a diagnosis first. Find the cause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.