Urinating problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 days ago I started with what I thought was a UTI I took a 3 day course of antibiotics that the doctor had prescribed and hasn't made no difference in have no stomach or back pain just feel as though I need to urinate all the time the sensation never goes away I go alot through out the day my first mornings is always alot but through the day barley anything comes out can someone please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had something similar and still do.  I did have an UTI and that began the journey I am now on.  No UTI but at times frequent urinating and pain after urinating.  I've had 2 pelvic exams both ok along w/ pap smear, an ultrasound and cystoscopy both normal.  Have no idea what is going on.  I am perimenopausal so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. 

• Posted

Thanks for your comment I am going to go to the drop in clinic today as they have not even done a urine test or anything they just prescribed antibiotics that has not worked.
  • Posted

My problem started the exact same way then progressed to cystitis type pains when urinating.   I won't bore you with the rest of the details.   If you haven't already then take urine test to Doctors to get tested for infection.      I got a 3 day course of antibiotics. (most people find that is not enough to clear their problem)  When it didn't work I got a 5 day course of a stronger one and when that didn't work I got a 5 day course of an even stronger antibiotic.   In most cases this can help, especially if there is an infection showing.    This has worked for me in the past and hopefully it will work for you.   

Unfortunately it didn't work for me this time and so more investigation was needed.  You are just at the beginning of your problem so there is plenty of hope it can be fixed quickly.

Make sure you drink plenty of the following type of drinks - water with a little fresh lemon juice, nettle tea, marshmallow root tea, some basil leaves infused into a cup of hot water, a little bit of ginger root in a cup of hot water.    All of these have improved my flow.    These are the only liquids I drink now.    No fizzy  stuff whatsoever.  This whole subject is a minefield.   When I was in pain I couldn't take lemon juice at all. Now I can take it and I feel it really helps me.

I've still got no idea what is wrong with me. Lots of women are the same.    I changed my eating/drinking habits dramatically and I have improved a lot though it has taken 5 months.  

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for that advise I am going to go to the drop in clinic today as I am suppose to be going on holiday tomorrow and not really looking forward to it with how I am at the moment as it is getting me down quite a bit at the moment
    • Posted

I was amazed at how many women suffer from similar problems.   There were days I felt a slight pressure on my bladder all the time and I can remember a couple of occasions I felt very down.   I was put on overactive bladder medication but that did nothing for me.    I've had the usual blood, urine and ultrasound tests - all negative but with the natural changes I have made to my diet I have really improved.   You also need to watch what you wash your underwear  and body with.    

Hopefully you just have an infection and they do tend to clear quickly with the right antibiotic.     Drink 8 glasses of fluid a day as that could help to flush it out. The most annoying part is when you don't have an infection and the hospital can't find out what is wrong.

Enjoy your holiday and I hope you get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.