using e cig to stop smoking

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I have been using vapour cig to stop smoking been 8 weeks now

been feeling very low has anyone else had these feelings ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Zoozoo, and a huge well done on 8 weeks smokefree !! thats a big achievement . Although you are using an e-cig and therefore getting old nico,my guess is ,your low feelings a just a normal part of quitting tobacco . Remember you were smoking more than just nicotine,you were taking in all those other chemicals that your body now does not have and as much as they are bad guys,your body had got used to them. Also I dont know if you know but tobacco in cigarrets contains sugar ! manufacturers use it to help make cigs more palateable ,so that sugar high from them will also be missing.

My thoughts are, its normal to feel low,accept it,but dont dwell on it. You will have probably seen cigs as a 'friend' a crutch,and part of what you may be feeling is the 'loss' of that.

If however you're worried ,or should say ,the best thing would be to speak your Dr or practise nurse ,even just in a phone appointment.

Best wishes and again well done

x  

• Posted

Hi zoozoo01

i have been smoke free since 20th January. I had Hypnosis. I was hoping the I wouldn't get withdrawal symptoms but I did and still am. I have been to my doctors for support but was told I was suffering from anxiety and sent on  my way. I have mood swings, also started suffering from indegestion and am more breathless now than when I was smoking. My chemist today has given me a local number that I can ring to get some support and answers to my questions. I will give them a ring tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Chin up. We can do this. 

• Posted

Hi besubic

sorry to hear you are also suffering from anxiety it's is a horrible feeling it is hard enough stopping smokingwith out anything else cropping up hope you can get some help sound like your doctor isn't very helpful I am also suffering from bad indegestion apparantly it's a symptom of anxiety so my doctor told me looking forward to hearing any advice you can get .

tc

and yes we can do this 😀

• Posted

Hi zoozoo,

i have aver got to say that over the past few days I have felt a lot better. At the moment I Feel like I have turned the corner. I'm going for a Blood test tomorrow and my indegestion seems to be improving. I think this chat room also helps. I also have an e-vapour cigarette with zero nicotine. My husband still smokes which doesn't help but I am determined to conquer this. It will be 6 months on the 20th. How is it going for you. 

• Posted

Hi besubic

great to hear you are getting over the worse of things you can do it 😀 each day you have without a cig is a great achievement I am still smoke free and my indegestion is not as bad so that's a good thing I do sometimes look at my hubby's cigs and think if I could just have one but that passes , I think we should give ourself a pat on the back because we are doing great and it will be well worth it so stay strong and be proud of yourself 😀😀

take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.