Uterine fibroid embolisation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I am 11 weeks post op. Yesterday I started with pain on both sides of my Bikini line still got it today now the pain is really bad. Since UFE I have had these pains but only when I am on a period. This time there is no bleeding my last period was 2 weeks ago and the previous one was 2 weeks early. I had UFE done Jan 18. January and February periods where heavy but a month apart. This is the first time I have had the pain without the period wonder if anyone else has had this. Gonna get some pain relief of GP just wanted to know if this is normal.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a follow-up pelvic MRI with & without contrast since the procedure? The Interventional Radiologist who performed the UFE should evaluate you in the office after obtaining the MRI. It is atypical to have pain without your period and the pain with your period should be progressively improving with each menses. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi j I no I have not had a follow up pelvic exam or an MRI. The IR said would only see me 6 months post op. Problem is I then don't get to any of my concerns addressed. GP does not really know much about UFE but i am gonna get some pain relief from Docs. Pain has gone on left side but still on the right. No bleeding. I know it's the Fibroid causing the pain. See how it is tomorrow. I will be ok when I get some decent painkillers.
    • Posted

Poor way to care for people. I see patients at 3 months post. 6 months too long but irrespective of this if someone has an issue earlier than 6 (or 3 in my case) they need to be seen ! Motrin 800 mg every 8 hrs (with food) can help. Heating pad directly to site can be helpful too. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear about the pain, hope you get some relief, and find out what's causing it. Yes seems unusual without bleeding, although when I had a degenerating fibroid I had really bad pains in various abdominal areas, and it wasn't always accompanied by bleeding.
  • Posted

Best to get checked out.  Sorry to hear about your pain and hope you get some relief.
    • Posted

Hi vel thanks I will get sorted it's driving me mad this pain see what Docs say. But I need decent pain relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.