Uterine fibroid Embolsation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I wondered if anyone had success with a second UFE would love to hear from you. Mine has not worked the 1st time. So was considering my options.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia, In your pre UFE consult, did they advise you this might happen? Did you have small arteries feeding it (like mine) did you research re which speacilaist did your procedure & how much success he'd had? I have heard that can make a difference, but not sure just how much weight to attribute to that statement. In your post UFE consult did they did you any explaination as to why it didnt work? Are you ovaries still functioning ok ? Would be interested to here from you.

• Posted

Hi Heather. They never told me this would happen they said it could come back but not that it would not work. I have not had a post IUFE consult yet that is on 28 Aug. In the letter it says 'to discuss treatment options' so I'm not hopeful the flow of periods is better but I am getting them every 2 weeks also I still look 5 months pregnant. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.