Uterine fibroid Embolsation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all just wanted to update. I am now 7 months post op. What has changed? Well not a lot. I still have heavy periods (although not gushing as it was pre op) I still need to loo all the time and I still look 5-6 months pregnant. I have my 1st follow up appointment on 24th August and I think they will say it's failed I will update when I have been. Still not gonna have a Hysteretomy no matter what is said as I don't agree with them removing the cervix and they won't do it without me agreeing to have my cervix removed rather keep having smears than that. Hope everyone is well

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had mine 2 months ago,no period and I still look 7 months pregnant.I had a ultrasound and am now waiting for results.I still have pains either side of my groin.They were pushing for me to have a Hysterectomy but I said noDon't think mine worked either.

• Posted

Same here patricia, only I had a myomectomy.  Still bleeding most every day, which is the reason i went in for it.  Likewise, will not have a hysterectomy unless absolutely necessary.  Will not be having anything else done gynae wise unless vital also.  Don't make a good recovery after anaesthestic.  

• Posted

Hi Pat,

You know maybe its still got a bit of shinking to do. You might find its gone down to half by 12-18 months. Did you say yours has gone from 10cm to 7cm? Maybe it will go down to 5cm in the next 6-12cm. Also I believe if you have open hysterectomy they don't have to take cervix. Do you know if yours does go down to half over the next year or so, if they will remove the scar tissue via keyhole myomectomy? With it being half the size & dead? I know with myomectomies people say they come back but aren't I right in saying once embolised they can't come back? Just a thought as in simillar boat to you but have 13cm fibroid to start with, hoping after embolisation it will degenerate to half 6 1/2 cm. Then as I understand it you are left with 6 1/2 cm of scar tissue. I hand picked a very experienced interventional radiologist who has done 100's as I've read on here it matters who you get & my own area guy gave me a 50% chance of success. (maybe he meant 50% chance of shrinkage) but anyway I thought in best hands, hopefully the best results I can hope for. Then if I'm still bothered I just wondered if the 6 1/ cm lump of scar tissue could be removed, Idon't know the answer to that but I was told he'd done far bigger fibroids with success & 90% feel the benefit in the end though it could be 12-18 months. Kindest Regards Heather x

• Posted

My stomach isn't that big although I would LOVE if it got smaller. Has anybody's stomach gotten bigger?

Oh question about the UFE. I read in one place they go in through your wrist. The last place said they go in through the groin. WHERE do they actually go in through? 

I hope you get better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.