Uterine Fibroids

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I had a Uterine Fibroid Embolisation on the 18 January 2016 and my periods are not heavy any more. I am delighted of course the only problem is that I still have the pregnancy belly and I wondered if anyone else experienced this. I was promised a massive amount of shrinkage but only 6 months post op. This is now 50 days or almost 2 months off and it feels like 2 years. I hate my body now and I am really down about it. In need of some hope cos right now not feeling it. One more thing I wanted to ask was does any one think that doctor would let me have Esyma for two months? Any answer greatly appreciated x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I can't offer great news, other than you aren't alone. Mine was 2.5 months ago and I haven't seem results. Has your anemia level gone back to normal? That's my problem. When you are anemic you can't lose weight because of oxygen in your blood. I hope others post on this as well. I'm curious.
    • Posted

Hi KC thank you for your reply. I think you could be right cos I am still anemic. It's annoying isn't it? Yeah hopefully that will resolve just feels like I'm waiting forever.
  • Posted

You have pregnancy belly because they didn't treat all the fibroids. The embolisation procedure only treats the ones inside and your bleeding will return at some point because it's a temporary teatment. The pregnancy belly is because have fiborids on the outside which requires a laporscopic procedure. Try Acessa Procedure. They offer it in Texas, IL and southern california, since there is limited reimburseement. There is also a clincial trial where you may get your procedue for free. Ask about that too.
  • Posted

Hi, Glad your procedure went well. i am considering this procedure but I am overweight & appreciate a complication can be infection which can lead to a full hystorectomy. Can I ask a couple of questions, did you have one fibroid? Did they say you had a good chance of reduction in your pre assesment, were your fibroids in the uterous, or wall? Was it really painfull procedure?  How long did it take for the intial procedure pain to go? Does it hurt all the time as its shrinking? What pain do you get & when? Did they MRI you & say your arteries were fat, thin. On my MRI they said for such a big fibroid 12x13x7 they would have expected to see bigger arteries feeding it & I had a 50/50 chance of it shrinking. I'm not sure I should put myself through it if other people who have it are given better odds of shrinkage & it still isn't happening. Confused! Regarding your question re Esmya, I thought the fibroid once embolised was dead overnight, so if that's the case then would Esyma be able to help shrink something with no blood supply? I wouldn't have thought so. But I'd ring your gynie.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.