UTI and BV at the same time?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello!

So I had a UTI and after 2 courses of antibiotucs I cant say for certain that Im free of it. Theres no burning but I do still feel a slight sense of urgency to pee even after just going to the bathroom and a dull pain above the pelvis. And now, I've noticed a bit of swelling and itching of the labias, the itching comes and goes but it's definitely there. Discharge is milky and odorless, so not yeast infection. I have no access to a clinic until Wednesday when the snow clears out.

Any ideas? Could I need antibiotics and would it attack both UTI and possible bacterial vaginosis??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Think you may need to get your urine checked out again to see if there is any infection. I know that BV has a fishy smell? It could be a yeast infection.

hope you are able to go to the clinic soon.

• Posted

What antibiotic did you take?
    • Posted

I would look into natural means of combatting this. Every time you take an antibiotic you are wiping out your good gut bacteria and this can have a very bad effect on your overall health. You could start a probiotic and eat lots of prebiotic foods that the good bacteria like. There is evidence that bacteria that cause UTIs have become resistant to antibiotics due to residues in meat. Have you tried cranberry treatments? If you put in a search for natural antibiotics various plants come up. Some people have found olive leaf extract good. I have never tried it myself.

Whatever you do try to avoid a fluoroquinolone antibiotic like Cipro. You do not want to risk being floxed. Flagyl is bad enough. I found the side effects of that nasty too.

• Posted

It's possible that your PH balance is out of whack due to the antibiotics. I suggest you drink 3l of water everyday until you get to the clinic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.