Uti symtoms but no infection found

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm jay I'm male 37 . Started Oct 21/16 with wanting to pee all time it would burn in tip of penis . Went doc did urine sample all OK went hospital that night as must of gone loo about 30 times bloods taken all OK had ultrasound on kidneys all OK had urine dip tested 4 time nothing found . Had CT kub done for kidney stones nothing found . 2 days later went doc again had prostate checked by bloods and finger all OK . Had bloods test for diabetes all OK . I'm at my wits end . I have urologist on Feb 14th great day I no valentines . Worried sick its something bad . Burning all time some times cloudy right flank ache lower back ache pelvic burning / scratching feeling . Tiny bit of blood in urine culture .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It definately sounds like there is an inflamation.  What I would do is get another urine culture done.  I have had this (although a woman) and I kept going back, and after a few cultures they did find a low count of bacteria.  Unfortunately the type I had they were not going to treat unless I had a compromised immune system so I had to combat it with alternative measures.  There is definately an irritation going on, when giving the culture I would suggest to give an early morning one the urine stays in the bladder longer and possibly if there was a bacteria it would be picked up better in the culture. Make sure the culture is done over a 48 hour period.  Is it possible there is an infection somewhere else...meaning a STD?  What ever it is there is an irritation for sure.  Cloudy urine can mean pus in urine, or a stone...is your urine foul smelling, that is another indication something isn't right.

• Posted

Hi james !!

Im 38 male uk ... 22/12/2016 my heart was at 160 beats per minute!! Had pain that was radiating down to my groin when i was peeing it was hurting .. so i waited and 2 days later when i woke up when to the toilet and i was in agony pain as if something was stuck at the end of my pushing two drops of blood came out and i was so scared... straight to hospital did a full blood count everything was ok was sent home ... next day bach in AE coz had burning and stinging especially on the tip of my penis! Was given nitrofurantoin and after 3 doses wow i was on road to recovery.... anyway 4 weeks on i have had 2 so called " uti " not much burning or stinging but pain at the tip of my penis just recently had ultrasound to look at my bladder , kidneys, prostate etc everthing ok !

They did a urine analysis all ok

But since 24/12 /2016 i had the ONLY ONCE painful " gross heamatauria " 6 weeks on i had microscopic heamatauria " trace" 2 times....

Anyway m8 thats me but obviously still worried ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.