Vaginal atrophy or something else

Posted , 4 users are following.

am 46 years old . Periods are almost regular but slight change . Since last 4 years am feeling a burning feeling after passing urine and always an urge to go again and if tried voiding again then severe burning rawness and used to subside in 2-3 hours but always a sting feeling in vagina but since last one month the rawness soreness is around anus too.....and episodes of painful burning urination has increased I.e every 2-3 days flow is also very less at that time. Most of the tests are normal.  I keep insisting that r doctor cut To check for vaginal atrophy and she says it's not  on physical findings. Tried all antibiotics anti viral and anti bacterial creams but nothing working out. She has started some nerve medicine too but can't see any relief.

one doctor spotted a smallmouth errosion around vaginal opening which is not healing since last 2 months I don't know since when I am having this.  

While trying to voi I feel a nerve pain beneath this tear. 

Can it still be vaginal atrophy....haven't got my oestrogen profile done ...please help am feeling miserable. And immobile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You MUST go back to your doctor! This is not normal and sounds more like interstitial cystitis and possibly another infection. Ask to be referred to a gynecologist if the doc won't do anything. Hope you find a solution soon it must be awful for you and it sounds as if your doctor is not investigating enough.
  • Posted

I have been diagnosed with lichens sclerosus and soreness around my anus is due to that. Get to a gynecologist. If your doctor won't refer you, find another GP to refer you. You have at least one thing going on, maybe more. I hope you find answers soon. 
    • Posted

Hi ElleF,

I to have just been diagnosed with the lichens sclerosus same place. I have been using the steroid cream seems to be helping. In addition too having AV it's been real fun!

• Posted

Hi Shikha,

Sounds to me like you have some bladder issues going on that may or may not be agrivated by AV. You seem awful young to be experiencing AV. The issue with Intesistation Cystitis is the lining in your bladder gets inflames and your urine does not show infection. Do not let your doctor brush this aside.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.