Varicocele

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 20 years old, and for about 5 years, I've had a varicocele on my left testicle and I haven't been bothered to undergo surgery because I don't have any bothersome symptoms. However, just recently I've been noticing that the veins in my right testicle are starting to swell slightly. I know that varicoceles in both testicles are nothing to be worried about, but I'm not sure if that only "counts" when they form at the same time. Is this sudden onset of a right-sided varicocele something to be worried about? I

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Varicocele scan impact male fertility. I had them. They caused infertility in me. I had the surgery and my wife got pregnant in less then 6 months after 10 years. I am also a Pathologist.

Regatds,

Dr. G.

• Posted

Thanks, I am aware of the risks of infertility and if that ever becomes an issue I will decide to get surgery. However, I am more concerned with the sudden onset of a right-sided varicocele. From what I've read, varicocele that is solely right-sided are more rare and could be more severe (links to kidney cancer, etc.). Is this true?

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is when people refer to varicocele that is present in both testicles, do they form at the same time, or is it normal for one to come years later, which is what is happening to me?

• Posted

My first was the left side in 1990. In 2000 my right side showed up. Go to a Urologist ND get it checked. I haven't heard of a quick onset of one unless there was an extreme change in blood flow to the Testicles or penis. Are you having a problem with erections? Does it feel like sizzling or burning at the Varicocele or your testicles?

• Posted

Oh, great. Thank makes me feel a lot better. Sudden might have been the wrong word. I meant that I was worried about the delay between the left side and right side showing up, but apparently that's not abnormal. I have no other symptoms - no pain or discomfort. I just noticed that the veins are getting slightly swollen. I will probably get it checked out just for peace of mind. 

Thanks a lot.

• Posted

Glad to help. Go to the Dr to make sure. It would put you at ease. You're welcome.

• Posted

Hello there I am 26 years old, I have had a varicocele for a long time and it has never caused me any issues, but the past 12months or so I have noticed my sex drive has deteriorated somewhat and my erections are not lasting anywhere near as long as they used to, and just the past few days I have been feeling this fizzling sensation on the left side where the varicocele is, I went to my doctor and had a blood test as I was explaing to the doctor what I had read online about the possibility of a varicocele causing low testosterone levels, she had no idea about this but said she would do the blood test to check and believe it or not the tesoterone levels where 'slightly low' problem is now that I'm traveling, currently in Indonesia and heading to New Zealand in a few weeks time and not actually planning to return to the uk... any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated

• Posted

Hello there I am 26 years old, I have had a varicocele for a long time and it has never caused me any issues, but the past 12months or so I have noticed my sex drive has deteriorated somewhat and my erections are not lasting anywhere near as long as they used to, and just the past few days I have been feeling this fizzling sensation on the left side where the varicocele is, I went to my doctor and had a blood test as I was explaing to the doctor what I had read online about the possibility of a varicocele causing low testosterone levels, she had no idea about this but said she would do the blood test to check and believe it or not the tesoterone levels where 'slightly low' problem is now that I'm traveling, currently in Indonesia and heading to New Zealand in a few weeks time and not actually planning to return to the uk... any advice or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.