VEIN TRAUMA

Posted , 3 users are following.

OK, so I have a question about veins. I was working and a cutter ( tool knife ) slipped into my right thigh cutting a vein. The cut is on the inner side of the thigh right above the knee. It was a clean cut with a very sharp knife that penetrated about half inch.

Went to the doctor and I got two "deep" sutures. All this happen a month and a half ago ( July 1st)

I was concerned about developing a blood clot so I had a ultrasound don on my legs. It reveled nothing but a mild pheblites of the wounded vein ( that vein is part of the so called superficial vein system and goes from the foot along the inner side of the leg to the inguinal area where enters into the abdomen).

Despite of the ultrasound results I have a persistent burning sensation along this vein and I notice that the vein in my right foot are enlarged and are getting enlarged by the day. If I elevate the leg the veins size returns to normal

So the questions I have are this symptoms of a hidden blood clot, are the vein in my foot about to become varicose veins and if so will this varicose be a temporary thing ? Are these just normal symptoms of the pheblites and how long will take to recover ( it is now more than a month and an half since the injury )

Thank you very much

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you have pain from varicose veins, you need to try DermalMD Serum. It really helps in a natural way. I take it and so does my husband and son. I usually take it for about six months and have relief that lasts a long time.
  • Posted

Or, maybe the vein is now smaller in diameter and so the same amount of blood cannot go through at the rate it did previously. You may even have Oedema where the liquid may pool somewhere, it's usually in the ankles but it's just a thought I had.

You'll just have to keep a very close eye on it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.