Velafaxine atopping working??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been on V. 225mg 16 weeks now.   At first it worked great, anxiety down to zero first time in decades and depression gone.

Last two weeks I seem to have been ra[idly going downhill.   "Can't cope" being most common.   Things are just too much.   Also getting depressed, sometimes severe (near suicidal).    I don't think this is working, other feedback is appreciated.   Seeing the doc at the end of this week.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My psychiatrist warned me that recovery from depression and anxiety is rarely smooth improvement, it involves ups and down but gradually the "ups" get longer and the "downs" get shorter. It's encouraging that the venlafaxine worked well for you. This could just be a temporary bump in the road. You could try not to worry about it, because that makes the anxiety worse. Talk to your doctor, see what he/she thinks.

• Posted

Does sound like it is not working for you, at least on its own. Some ADs suits some people and not others. I get on well with Ven personally but I also need antipsychotisc as well. Talk to your Dr to see what they suggest. Maybe the dose is not sufficient? You can certainly go up to 300mg as a long term dose and some go higher - upto 600mg. I am on 300mg and my psychiatrist will not increase my dose although I would like him to - he thinks 300mg is high enough for long term and higher should only be used short term. Seeing him again on the 20th, maybe he will have a change of heart.

BW, BM

• Posted

The doc will probably put you on a higher dose

Or you can ask for a different medication

I'm trying to get off the stuff but seem to be one of the 5% who get serious withdrawals

Hope u get better and find comfort

El

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.