Venlafaxine again!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone have experience of the chronic tiredness on the 150 dose going away if I increase to 225 please. Getting really desperate now!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne

Yes! most definitely this is was the main reason why I came off this drug and I would never go back on it.

Only recently come off Ven the side affects have now gone, read my other posts on here. If there's a chance to come off please do.

Thanks Neil

• Posted

I was on it for 20 years and I think the side effects just creep up on you, I have been tired all this time. Restarted Ven 14 weeks ago and feel like a zombie, I spend all my spare time in bed plus it's not having any effect on my mood.

• Posted

I was on 150 mg and always felt exhausted plus the meds just didn't help, last week after over two months of slow withdrawal to a tiny piece of 75 mg every other day I stopped. Hurray x

• Posted

I think I've already made up my mind to wean, see the doc today but I know he'll say keep on it a bit longer. The gp's don't know enough about these drugs but are happy to prescribe them x

• Posted

Quite agree patients should be informed about the side effects of taking this drug and also the difficulty and dreadful side effects should you want to stop x
    • Posted

Thanks Anne just wish the brain zaps would stop though, don't know how long they will last x

• Posted

Oh god yeah! I went cold turkey of Ven 150 then stopped Sertraline after 6 weeks and then started a new job! Everyone thought I was really quiet until the side effects wore off then the real me came through ha ha
    • Posted

I'm angry as I was left on these on repeat prescription for all those years with no mention of coming off. I've certainly not been happy while taking them but bringing 3 boys up alone I just struggled on and took the pills x

• Posted

Weird! I've been on 225mg/per day for 15 months now. During the first month I had every side-effect possible (well, I didn't die...). But I've been feeling better in the past 3 months or so... mentally, anyway.

I've a illness, though, and I'll find out next week if it's terminal or not – this will be my "second opinion." So I don't know how my depression will hold up to that.

Good luck,

• Posted

From day one of the dose going to 150 I've felt drugged and it hasn't gone away, week 7 now. I asked the pharmacist and she said it should have stopped about week 2 and my ADHD doc said it sounds like my dose is too high, anyway I'll see what my GP has to say later, thanks

• Posted

Hi - I stopped having too much tiredness on the 150mg but it may depend on height and weight - i don't know about that but a good psychopharmacologist should?

• Posted

I've increased to 187.5 and am not as drowsy after 2 days so fingers crossed!

• Posted

Hi ya.

It's good to hear you feel less tired that's for sure. Keep us posted. X

• Posted

Thanks, I just need to realise the doctor is helping me instead of drugging me up!
    • Posted

I know. Our mind can become conflicted. I think deep down we have to go with our gut. If it means reinstating or changing meds or even tapering down. We have to do what's best for ourselves to keep us well. Small steps leading us on the road to recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.