venlafaxine cold turkey day 3

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on ven for 6 wks and it was just making me ill.i tried to taper at 10% and withdrawal was so,so  bad. Because of this I decided to go cold turkey to shorten the crap withdrwawal.The previous 7 days I aint sat down due to anx being so bad -caused by the ven.(the neighbors over the road must hav thought i was crackers).Anyway day 1 felt really awful-anx even worse,shaking,insomnia,nausea.Now day 3-and i feel pretty good except awful aches and pains like really bad flu,brain fog,no energy at all(still in bed)insomnia.But appettite back,anx reduced by 90%,no real nausea -i did think things would be worse.Anyway its only day 3 so theres plenty time but i was on it for only 6 wks.What i have worked out is that my body cannot cope with the newer anti depresnts and i will do MORE research next time i have a chenge.I am still on mirt 15mg 7 months which i am70 % quite happy with.Will post again in a few days.

We are all very diff persons and cope with meds very differently indeed.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How are you now. I've come off of 150mg over 5weeks and building up on sertraline . Yesterday it hit me like a bulldozer.back in the hellhole. Just wondered how you are after 20 days?
    • Posted

I'm now on 75 from 150mg. Been ok up to now. What symptoms are you experiencing x
    • Posted

Took my last venlafaxine a week ago and now feel dreadful. Nausea dizzy foggy anxious and bad sweats! Was fine until last reduction. Had been on venlafaxine for 10 years but had an acute attack last September and upping my dose hadn't got me back to where I was so decided to change AD. Knew it would be bad but thought I'd got away with it!
    • Posted

Oh blimey. Wonder how long it takes for it to be completely out of ones system. Hang on in there! Best of luck 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.