venlafaxine for 4 years

Posted , 8 users are following.

i need help and do not know who to turn to or speak to not even to my pshcyhiatrist. been on ven for 4 years on 225mgs. 3 in the morning. i still feel depressed and cry most of the time. i do concentrate more. is it normal? im going out with a guy for almost 1 month and something. at night i feel alot of emotion towards him but during the day i find it difficult to be happy with him. so much worrying me financially and emtionally. i just want to down all my meds with tequila and jump. i also have a 3 year old son. the guy im dating is  not the dad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi steph how come your taking them in the morning ? Iv always Beend told to take them at night as they can help u sleep? These pills make u emotionless, block feelings..which did help me for this reason only . I'm tapering off now, I feel worse on them than off. Why cnt u speak to your phyciatrist or doctor? They are there to make u well not worse ?

• Posted

Hi Steph

I'm so sorry you feel like this, these meds can make you feel a bit empty but I've also noticed my anxiety levels have increased. However I say to myself it's the meds making me feel this way.

Remember these feelings are temporary and our actions can be permanent. We have a lot to live for even though we don't always feel like it. Please talk to someone because your not alone and if you ever want to talk to me please do.

Thanks

Neil x

• Posted

Am so sorry to hear how you are feeling. I am also gobsmacked at the amount of Effexor you are taking all at once. No wonder you are all over the ship emotionally. My Doc said body needs gentle help - not a whizz bang approach - so I took one pill in the morning and one at night. I think you should discuss how you feel with your doc/psychiatrist as sound as if these meds are really contributing to how you feel. I agree with the other discussions re this. By evening your body has probably 'evened out' hence the better feelings. If you cannot discuss it then write it down, do a draft when you just let go completely and then over the next few days amend until you get something you are comfortable with and share with your doc/psych. Who cares the guy is not the dad - your son is what is important, not who is/is not his father. Let that go. I cannot remeber who gve me the name of this book or if it came from this website, but I have found it really helpful: 'Feeling Loved' by Jeanne Segal. Available on Amazon. I am trying to come off completely and have discovered that when I am really low I go for a walk/or take some rest time when I sit with my and count backwards from 40. Counting concentrates the mind and calms me down but I did find that really hard going to begin with. Beauty is, you can do it anywhere and no-one knows. Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how you are getting on and wht happens if you do get discussion started with the medics. 

• Posted

Sorry you're feeling so Ill and desperate. I think you need to go back to the doctor and change administration times, or dosage, or a new medication altogether.

I hope you keep talking about how you're feeling and seriously, if you want to down the lot and jump, you need to see a Dr now!

Take care lovely xx

• Posted

You should tell your Dr. About your feelings and maybe he or she could introduce new meds while getting off Venlafaxine. Sometimes you know your own body better and should make some decisions with your Dr.

Concentrate on yourself and your son - stop dating - your making your life more complicated. 

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Three thoughts I'd like to share:

1. TELL your Psychiatrist!! That's what they are there for.

2. Never mind the guy at this point. With a 3 year old and deep depression, the only thing you need to work on is your health. Your owe this to yourself, but more importantly you owe this to your child! If this guy is anything worth his salt, he'll give you space to work this out.

3. Prayer. Can't stress this enough. When you've hit rock bottom, all you can do is look up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.